ZURICH, April 28The Swiss blue-chip SMI
was seen opening 0.2 percent firmer at 8,865 points on Friday,
according to premarket indications by bank Julius Baer
Here are some of the main factors expected to affect Swiss
Kicks off 2017 with its second-best start to a year since
the financial crisis as a brighter outlook and a spike in
trading levels boosted its investment bank and core wealth
management business. First-quarter earnings rose 79 percent to
1.3 billion Swiss francs.
Shares indicated 2.8 percent higher.
For more news click on
The bank is due to hold its annual general meeting amid a
row over the bank's proposal to pay senior management hefty
bonuses despite running up a 2.7 billion Swiss franc loss in
The bank said it had finalised the syndicate underwriting
its 4 billion Swiss franc ($4 billion) rights offering, adding
more banks to the list of participants.[nZ8N1E901B}
For more news, click on
Saw net outflows of 3.5 billion Swiss francs in the first
* GAM Holding said it was launching a new share
buyback, with the ability to repurchase up to 16 million shares
or 10 percent of its shares in issue.
* Cie Financiere Tradition reported first-quarter
consolidated revenue of CHF 213.4m compared with CHF 219.5m in
same period in 2016, up 0.2% in constant currencies.
* Helvetia Holding AG says Helvetia Anlagestiftung
raises capital for Immobilien Schweiz by 100 million Swiss
francs ($100.55 million)
* Emmi AG acquires 40 percent stake in Brazil’S
Laticínios Porto Alegre
* Basilea Pharmaceutica AG says shareholders
elected Nicole Onetto as new member of board and re-elected
Domenico Scala as chairman
* Kuehne & Nagel said Italian household appliance
company Candy Group has awarded it a new three year contract to
manage its complex supply chain.
* Kuros Biosciences AG proposes four new board
* Myriad Group said Mauro Saladini will not be
standing for re-election at the Annual General Meeting of
Shareholders on the 24th May 2017 due to increasing time
commitments and a lack of availability in Switzerland.
* Eastern Property Holdings Ltd FY 2016 NAV of
$36.35 per share - increased from $35.54 at YE 2015
* The KOF leading economic indicator for April is due at
The Swiss National Bank holds its annual general
meeting at 0800 GMT with Chairman Thomas Jordan speaking on the
central bank's monetary and investment policy.
(Reporting by Zurich newsroom)