LOS ANGELES "We Are Young" by indie-pop trio FUN. won Song of the Year at the Grammy Awards on Sunday, the top award for achievement in songwriting on music's biggest night.
The song was co-written by FUN. members Jack Antonoff, Nate Ruess and Andrew Dost and producer Jeff Bhasker.
"I don't know what I was thinking writing the chorus of this song. This is HD (television), everyone can see our faces, and we are not very young," FUN. lead singer Ruess said while accepting the award.
The Grammy awards were handed out at a live televised ceremony in Los Angeles. (Reporting By Piya Sinha-Roy, editing by Jill Serjeant and Doina Chiacu)
Trending On Reuters
- Video: Bob Dylan turns 75 on May 24
- Angelina Jolie to teach at London School of Economics on women in conflict
- Kanye West is sued by Hungarian rock star for alleged song theft
- Walt Disney's Mickey Mouse, animation trove up for auction
- Bone fragment of murdered archbishop of Canterbury begins English pilgrimage