TOKYO Nintendo Co Ltd Chief Executive Satoru Iwata said on Thursday he plans to introduce a new kind of games console and software for emerging markets as early as next year, rather than launch existing hardware such as its Wii U or 3DS.
Iwata told Reuters in an interview following an analyst briefing that Nintendo would offer new hardware for countries such as China, oriented towards consumers with lower incomes and less gaming experience than those in developed countries.
Nintendo released its full-year earnings on Wednesday, booking its third year in the red after disappointing sales of its Wii U home games console.
(Reporting by Sophie Knight)
Trending On Reuters
#RIPTwitter became the top trending U.S. item on Twitter on Saturday, after a report from BuzzFeed said the company is planning to change how it displays users’ tweets. Full Article
- Rubio, Christie and Kasich get more debate traction on social media
- Future fans will live the Super Bowl, not watch it
- Malaysia's new Twitter police target critics of PM Najib
- Exclusive - Top cybercrime ring disrupted as authorities raid Moscow offices - sources
- Twitter suspends over 125,000 accounts for 'promoting terrorist acts'