TOKYO Japan will consider its own sanctions against North Korea which has appeared to have conducted a nuclear test, Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said on Tuesday.
"I have ordered that we consider every possible way to address this issue, including our own sanctions, while cooperating with other countries," Abe told reporters after a meeting of Japan's security council.
North Korea likely conducted a nuclear test on Tuesday, said South Korea's defence ministry, after seismic activity measuring 4.9 magnitude was registered by the U.S. Geological Survey.
(Reporting by Stanley White)
Trending On Reuters
The Syrian who blew himself up in southern Germany, wounding 15 people, had pledged allegiance to Islamic State on a video found on his mobile phone, the Bavarian Interior Minister said on Monday. Full Article
- Two teens killed, many injured in Florida nightclub shooting
- Turkey detains 42 journalists in crackdown as Europe sounds alarm
- Scotland's Sturgeon preparing for independence to keep post-Brexit options open
- EPA clears path to regulate carbon emissions from U.S. aircraft
- Regional armies struggle in last push against Boko Haram