JERUSALEM A ceasefire deal with Gaza militants has not been finalised and the "ball is still in play", Israeli government spokesman Mark Regev told CNN on Tuesday.
"Until you're there, you're not there," he said.
Shortly before, an Hamas official said a deal had been reached during talks brokered by Egypt, adding that the ceasefire would come into effect at midnight (2200 GMT).
(Reporting by Allyn Fisher-Ilan; editing by Crispian Balmer)
Trending On Reuters
A huge fire swept through one of India's biggest arms depots on Tuesday, triggering an explosion and killing as many as 17 people, army and regional officials said. Full Article
- Earthquake measuring 6.1 shakes parts of Taiwan, including capital
- Attempted North Korea missile launch fails - South Korea
- Rio de Janeiro police arrest two men in gang-rape case
- Extreme weather increasing level of toxins in food, scientists warn
- China's Xi says hopes to get Philippines ties back on track