CAIRO U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon will arrive in Egypt on Monday for talks with the Egyptian president and other officials, the foreign ministry reported on Sunday.
It did not give details of his planned discussions, only saying he would talk about regional issues. Egypt is negotiating a truce over Gaza and President Mohamed Mursi, who Ban is due to meet on Tuesday, has said there were "some indications" that a deal could be soon.
(Reporting by Ayman Samir; Writing by Edmund Blair)
Trending On Reuters
A computer network used by Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton’s campaign was hacked as part of a broad cyber attack on Democratic political organizations, people familiar with the matter told Reuters. Full Article | U.S. Rust Belt trip
- Turkey's Erdogan slams West for failure to show solidarity over coup attempt
- Pope visits Auschwitz, says same horrors happening today
- U.S. Navy to name ship after gay activist Harvey Milk
- Democratic fund-raising group for U.S. Congress candidates confirms hack
- U.S. authorities subpoena Goldman in 1MDB probe - WSJ