TOKYO Shares in Panasonic Corp jumped more than 6 percent to a three-week high of 1,271 yen on Wednesday after the Nikkei newspaper said the firm is inviting a number of Japanese suppliers to join it in investing in a U.S. car battery plant it plans to build with Tesla Motor Inc (TSLA.O).
The newspaper said the investment for the new plant was expected to reach more than 100 billion yen.
Panasonic was the second-most traded stock on the main board.
(Reporting by Dominic Lau; Editing by Edmund Klamann)
Trending On Reuters
Facebook Inc provided more evidence on Wednesday that it can turn eyeballs into profit as the maker of the world's most popular app and social website trounced Wall Street's estimates, sending its shares to an all-time high. Full Article
- Samsung Electronics tips 'solid' second-quarter profit on components pickup
- Disappointing earnings revive speculation on Twitter's future
- Nintendo's Mario eyes a Mickey Mouse merchandising makeover
- As iPhone sales stagnate, services promise growth for Apple
- Brazil prosecutor freezes $11.7 million of Facebook funds due to WhatsApp case