Pfizer Inc is considering buying India's Agila Specialties, the injectable-medicines unit of Indian drug supplier Strides Arcolab Ltd (STAR.NS), for a possible price of $2 billion, Bloomberg reported on Monday.
Pfizer is doing due diligence and a deal could be reached this quarter, Bloomberg reported, citing unnamed sources.
A Pfizer spokeswoman said the company does not comment on market rumours or speculation.
Agila makes cancer treatments and antibiotics, Bloomberg said.
Pfizer shares were up 23 cents at $26.75 on the New York Stock Exchange. (Reporting By Caroline Humer; editing by John Wallace)
Trending On Reuters
- Lackluster U.S., China sales drag on Ford Motor profit, shares tumble
- Fall in Volkswagen brand profit shows lasting effects of scandal
- Shell misses expectations as earnings plunge on oil, BG costs
- SoftBank sees sharp recovery for Sprint, flags much investment for ARM
- Facebook shares hit record high as it beats estimates again