March 31 The following are the top stories on the New York Times business pages. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
- Jeffrey Immelt, General Electric's chief executive, says climate change is real, a position at odds with the Trump administration. nyti.ms/2nBPPmx
- Volkswagen took another step to move past its emissions-cheating scandal by agreeing to pay $157 million to 10 states in the United States to settle environmental lawsuits. nyti.ms/2nFWGx0
- By a single vote, the Senate gave final approval on Thursday to a measure to block cities and counties from organizing retirement savings accounts for workers who have no access to employer-sponsored plans. nyti.ms/2nBN98s
- Palmer Luckey, a founder of the virtual-reality technology company Oculus, has left Facebook three years after the social network acquired his company for close to $3 billion. nyti.ms/2nG0Ghd
(Compiled by Parikshit Mishra in Bengaluru)
BRIEF-Halozyme phase 2 data in advanced pancreas cancer presented
* Halozyme phase 2 data in advanced pancreas cancer presented at european society for medical oncology symposium