PRESS DIGEST- Canada - Jan 19
Jan 19 The following are the top stories from selected Canadian newspapers. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
Oct 13 The following are the top stories on the New York Times business pages. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
- Snapchat's parent, recently renamed Snap Inc has hired investment banks Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs Group Inc for a potential initial public offering. nyti.ms/2e7fG5g
- Wells Fargo & Co's Chief Executive John Stumpf announced his departure from the company following the scandal surrounding its sales tactics. nyti.ms/2e7isrd
- Amazon.com Inc announced its streaming service- Amazon Music Unlimited - that will compete directly with Spotify and Apple Music. nyti.ms/2e7gR4E
- Lloyds Banking Group Plc said it would eliminate 1,340 jobs as part of its long-standing restructuring plan. nyti.ms/2e7i8Zp
- Toyota Motor Corp and Suzuki Motor Corp said on Wednesday that they were discussing a business partnership. nyti.ms/2e7i3VM (Compiled by Abinaya Vijayaraghavan in Bengaluru)
* VW has been called to explain diesel emissions cheating (Adds further testimony)
LONDON, Jan 19 Emerging market stocks fell on Thursday and currencies struggled to make much headway after U.S. Federal Reserve chair Janet Yellen said interest rates should rise steadily, boosting the dollar.