Travelers Co's William Heyman elected as FINRA chairman
June 29 The Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) on Thursday named William Heyman, chief investment officer of Travelers Company Inc, as its chairman, effective July 18.
Oct 5 The following are the top stories in the Wall Street Journal. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
- Twitter Inc is expected to field bids this week and Salesforce.com Inc's Chief Executive Marc Benioff has been building a case to buy the company. on.wsj.com/2cRXlTs
- Anti-tobacco groups filed a lawsuit against the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to push the agency to try again to require graphic warning labels on cigarettes. on.wsj.com/2cRWWk1
- Money manager BlackRock Inc is cutting fees at more than a dozen exchange-traded funds, affecting 15 ETFs within its iShares business. on.wsj.com/2cRXZ3z
- Japan-based casualty insurer Sompo Holdings Inc plans to buy property and casualty insurance provider Endurance Specialty Holdings Ltd for about $6.5 billion. on.wsj.com/2cRWUsk
- Johnson & Johnson warned diabetes patients and doctors that one of its insulin pumps might be vulnerable to cyber hacking. on.wsj.com/2cRZ634 (Compiled by Abinaya Vijayaraghavan in Bengaluru)
WASHINGTON, June 29 The U.S. Food and Drug Administration plans to reorganize its drug review staff and create a SWAT team to eliminate a backlog of requests for rare disease drug designation, it said on Thursday.