JAKARTA An earthquake of 6.3 magnitude struck off the coast of eastern Indonesia on Monday, the U.S. Geological Survey said, but there were no immediate reports of any casualties or damage.
The quake struck 100 miles (140 km) southeast of the city of Ambon, at a depth of 21.6 miles (35 km), the USGS said.
An Indonesian meteorological service official said no tsunami was generated.
(Reporting by Michael Taylor, Writing by Robert Birsel; Editing by Ron Popeski)
Trending On Reuters
Rebel groups urged U.S. President Barack Obama to do more to stop Russian bombing raids in Syria as pressure mounted on Washington ahead of a new round of peace talks this week. Full Article
- Khomeini grandson loses appeal to stand in Iranian election
- Iraq PM says sending ground troops to Syria would be "dangerous escalation"
- Republican Christie's U.S. presidential campaign in trouble
- WHO urges women to cover up, have safe sex in Zika areas
- Trump for president? Ladbrokes odds improve after New Hampshire