JAKARTA An earthquake of 6.3 magnitude struck off the coast of eastern Indonesia on Monday, the U.S. Geological Survey said, but there were no immediate reports of any casualties or damage.
The quake struck 100 miles (140 km) southeast of the city of Ambon, at a depth of 21.6 miles (35 km), the USGS said.
An Indonesian meteorological service official said no tsunami was generated.
(Reporting by Michael Taylor, Writing by Robert Birsel; Editing by Ron Popeski)
Trending On Reuters
The Iraqi army stormed to the southern edge of Falluja under U.S. air support on Monday, launching a direct assault to retake the city from Islamic State (IS) militants and help protect the nearby capital Baghdad from suicide bombings. Read
- Syrian opposition negotiator quits after talks' failure
- Mass coral bleaching casts shadow over future of Great Barrier Reef
- Turkish shelling kills 28 Islamic State fighters north of Aleppo - TV
- Roadside bomb kills two police in southeast Turkey - security sources
- Against a backdrop of motorcycles, Trump pledges to help veterans