JAKARTA An earthquake of 6.3 magnitude struck off the coast of eastern Indonesia on Monday, the U.S. Geological Survey said, but there were no immediate reports of any casualties or damage.
The quake struck 100 miles (140 km) southeast of the city of Ambon, at a depth of 21.6 miles (35 km), the USGS said.
An Indonesian meteorological service official said no tsunami was generated.
(Reporting by Michael Taylor, Writing by Robert Birsel; Editing by Ron Popeski)
Trending On Reuters
India and the United States are in talks to help each other track submarines in the Indian Ocean, military officials say, a move that could further tighten defense ties between New Delhi and Washington as China steps up its undersea activities. Full Article
- As Asia's rice crop shrivels, food security fears resurface
- South Korea revives GPS backup project after blaming North for jamming
- Russia says talks to extend Syrian lull in fighting to Aleppo
- May Day rally in Los Angeles features strong anti-Trump theme
- Video: Clinton slams Trump's 'birther' movement against Obama