LONDON A magnitude 7.1 earthquake struck 147 miles (236 km) northwest of the Tanimbar Islands in Indonesia at 1653 GMT, the U.S. Geological Survey reported on Monday.
No tsunami warning was issued, the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center said in a statement on its website.
Then USGS said the quake was recorded at a depth of 98 miles (158 km). (Editing by Michael Roddy)
Trending On Reuters
New York billionaire Donald Trump hopes that Indiana's nominating contest on Tuesday will make him unstoppable in what originally had seemed to many a quixotic quest for the Republican presidential nomination. Full Article
- N. Korea capital gears up for congress; South fears nuclear test
- Fire destroys 50 shelters in Myanmar camp for displaced - witness
- Spanish King calls national election for June 26
- U.S. service member killed in Iraq - U.S. defense chief
- Turkish warplanes hit PKK targets in northern Iraq, killing 18 - military sources