LONDON A magnitude 5.6 earthquake struck Indonesia, off the island of Sulawesi, the U.S. Geological Survey said.
It struck at a depth of 102 km (63 miles), 90 km south of Gorontalo, at 1:32 a.m. on Saturday (1732 GMT Friday). There were no immediate reports of casualties or damage to property.
(Writing by Alison Williams; Editing by Jon Hemming)
Trending On Reuters
President Tayyip Erdogan tightened his grip on Turkey on Saturday, ordering the closure of thousands of private schools, charities and other institutions in his first decree since imposing a state of emergency after the failed military coup. Full Article
- Islamic State claims responsibility for Kabul attack, 80 dead
- Munich gunman fixated on mass killing, had no Islamist ties
- Attacking Trump, Democrat Kaine makes campaign-trail debut
- Nepal PM appears set to lose no-confidence vote as allies depart
- Thai police charge two eight-year-old girls who tore down pink lists