LONDON A shallow magnitude 5.5 earthquake hit northwest Iran on Wednesday morning, the U.S. Geological Survey reported.
The quake was centered 32 miles (51.5 km) north-northeast of Tabriz, at a depth of 6.2 miles (10 km), the USGS said.
(Writing by John Stonestreet ; Editing by Toby Chopra)
Trending On Reuters
Hillary Clinton secured the Democratic Party's U.S. presidential nomination on Tuesday, coming back from a stinging 2008 defeat in her first White House run and surviving a bitter primary fight to become the first woman to head the ticket of a major party in U.S. history. Full Article
- Japanese police raid house of knife attack suspect
- Islamists attack French church, slit priest's throat
- Philippines says omission of arbitration ruling in ASEAN statement not a Chinese victory
- Kerry hopes to work with Russia on Syria, U.N. aims to restart talks
- Malaysia's Najib gets new powers amid planned protests over fund scandal