LONDON A shallow magnitude 5.5 earthquake hit northwest Iran on Wednesday morning, the U.S. Geological Survey reported.
The quake was centered 32 miles (51.5 km) north-northeast of Tabriz, at a depth of 6.2 miles (10 km), the USGS said.
(Writing by John Stonestreet ; Editing by Toby Chopra)
Trending On Reuters
Republican Donald Trump and second-placed Democrat Bernie Sanders could be heading to an unconventional U.S. presidential debate in California, in the latest twist to an unusual campaign. Full Article
- Afghanistan sees Taliban leader as rigid conservative uninterested in peace
- Clashes at French protests, union warns of Euro soccer disruption
- G7 agrees need strong message on South China Sea; China says don't "hype"
- Italy says migrant boat capsized, second in two days
- Exclusive - Bangladesh probes 2013 hack for links to central bank heist