WASHINGTON A tsunami warning has been lifted for Japan, Taiwan and a number of Pacific island countries but remained in effect for the Philippines, Indonesia and Belau following a 7.9 magnitude earthquake on Friday off the Philippines.
The Pacific Tsunami Warning center issued the updated warning, which also kept a number of areas of the Pacific on watch for a potential tsunami following the quake.
(Reporting by Vicki Allen; Editing by Bill Trott)
Trending On Reuters
Turkey on Saturday released more than 750 soldiers who had been detained after an abortive coup, state media reported, while President Tayyip Erdogan said he would drop lawsuits against those who had insulted him, in a one-time gesture of "unity". Full Article | Ripples of anti-Gulen crackdown
- Afghan Taliban delegation visits China to discuss unrest - sources
- Belgium charges man with planning attack, releases brother
- Pope urges Polish churchmen to open up, shun worldly ambitions
- Afghan troops press offensive against Islamic State
- Bavaria leader rejects Merkel's 'we can do this' refugee mantra