HOUSTON Oct 23 Operations at Lyondell Basell's (LYB.N) 280,390 barrel per day Houston refinery were unaffected by a fire Friday and Saturday in a out-of-service MEK unit scheduled for demolition, a company spokesman said.
"It has not interrupted refinery operations," said Lyondell spokesman David Harpole.
The fire broke out while the unit, which boosts the refinable material in a barrel of crude oil, was being prepared for demolition, Harpole said. No injuries were reported due to the fire. (Reporting by Erwin Seba; Editing by Diane Craft) (firstname.lastname@example.org; +1 713 210 8508; Reuters Messaging: email@example.com))
Trending On Reuters
- Lackluster U.S., China sales drag on Ford Motor profit, shares tumble
- Fall in Volkswagen brand profit shows lasting effects of scandal
- Shell misses expectations as earnings plunge on oil, BG costs
- SoftBank sees sharp recovery for Sprint, flags much investment for ARM
- Facebook shares hit record high as it beats estimates again