Research In Motion said it will shortly release a slew of updates for its BlackBerry apps, making it easier for users to stay connected with their messenger community.
Apps such as Facebook, Twitter, BBM Music and BlackBerry App World will now include BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) connectivity, the Canadian company said in a statement on Wednesday.
Users will now be able to automatically share their Facebook status or Twitter update with their BBM friends from the apps, it added.
Alec Saunders, vice president of developer relations at RIM, said about one in every five apps being downloaded on BlackBerry App World is BBM-connected.
Waterloo, Ontario-based RIM has more than 70,000 apps in its App World store for either BlackBerry phones or the PlayBook tablet, compared with 200,000 iPad apps, and half a million for the iPhone.
Trending On Reuters
#RIPTwitter became the top trending U.S. item on Twitter on Saturday, after a report from BuzzFeed said the company is planning to change how it displays users’ tweets. Full Article
- Rubio, Christie and Kasich get more debate traction on social media
- Future fans will live the Super Bowl, not watch it
- Malaysia's new Twitter police target critics of PM Najib
- Exclusive - Top cybercrime ring disrupted as authorities raid Moscow offices - sources
- Twitter suspends over 125,000 accounts for 'promoting terrorist acts'