SEOUL Shares in Samsung Electronics Co Ltd (005930.KS) rose 2.5 percent on Thursday to a new lifetime high of 1.419 million won, propelled by expectations that its mobile business will continue to lead strong profit growth.
The world's biggest smartphone maker with a market capitalisation of around $205 billion, had previously peaked at 1.418 million won per share in May and has climbed more than 30 percent since its recent low hit in early July.
(Reporting by Miyoung Kim; Editing by Matt Driskill)
Trending On Reuters
Tesla Motors Inc told U.S. Senate Commerce Committee staff it is considering two theories that may help explain what led to the May 7 fatal crash that killed a Florida man who was using the car's "Autopilot" system, a person familiar with the meeting told Reuters on Friday. Full Article | Related Story
- Democratic fund-raising group for U.S. Congress candidates confirms hack
- Apple asks U.S. Supreme Court to rule against Samsung over patents
- Hackers hit Vietnam airports with South China Sea messages
- Video: Blind athlete runs desert marathon unassisted using smartphone app
- Alphabet and Amazon wind up stellar quarter for big tech