SEOUL Shares in Samsung Electronics Co Ltd (005930.KS) rose 2.5 percent on Thursday to a new lifetime high of 1.419 million won, propelled by expectations that its mobile business will continue to lead strong profit growth.
The world's biggest smartphone maker with a market capitalisation of around $205 billion, had previously peaked at 1.418 million won per share in May and has climbed more than 30 percent since its recent low hit in early July.
(Reporting by Miyoung Kim; Editing by Matt Driskill)
Trending On Reuters
Facebook Inc lost the first round in a court fight against some of its users who sued the social networking company, alleging it "unlawfully" collected and stored users' biometric data derived from their faces in photographs. Full Article
- SpaceX rocket launches satellite, then lands on ship at sea
- China starts trial run of first home-grown maglev rail line - Xinhua
- Expert helped Los Angeles police hack Apple iPhone - court records
- Delayed Karma - GoPro pushes drone launch to winter
- New Apple app launches in Britain that pays people to get fit