SEOUL Shares in Samsung Electronics Co Ltd (005930.KS) rose 2.5 percent on Thursday to a new lifetime high of 1.419 million won, propelled by expectations that its mobile business will continue to lead strong profit growth.
The world's biggest smartphone maker with a market capitalisation of around $205 billion, had previously peaked at 1.418 million won per share in May and has climbed more than 30 percent since its recent low hit in early July.
(Reporting by Miyoung Kim; Editing by Matt Driskill)
Trending On Reuters
Microsoft Corp and Facebook Inc have agreed to jointly build a subsea cable across the Atlantic Ocean to meet growing demand for high-speed cloud and online services. Read
- Expandable space habitat fails to inflate in NASA's first test
- Brightest laser blows up water in cinematic and scientific first
- Amazon to deliver fresh food in Berlin soon - Manager Magazin
- EU governments agree new roaming rules for Netflix, Amazon
- New research shows consumers uninformed, wary of new vehicle technology