(REFILE: Re-writes headline)
SEOUL Samsung Electronics Co sold a record 69.4 million smartphones in the first quarter, boosting its market share to an all-time high of 33.1 percent, data from research firm Strategy Analytics showed on Friday.
Apple Inc (AAPL.O), which sold 37.4 million iPhones in the March quarter, took 17.9 percent of the market, it said.
LG Electronics Inc (066570.KS) grew to the third biggest on 10.3 million unit shipments, followed by China's Huawei.
(Reporting by Miyoung Kim; Editing by Jacqueline Wong and Richard Pullin)
Trending On Reuters
Indian IT services exports are likely to grow at a slower pace next fiscal year than in the recent past as global clients rein in technology spending, an industry lobby group said on Thursday. Full Article
- Cisco to pay $1.4 billion for Internet of Things firm Jasper
- Hackers attack 20 mln accounts on Alibaba's Taobao shopping site
- Sharp chooses Foxconn as preferred bidder over Japan fund -sources
- Google search chief Singhal to quit, to be replaced by AI head
- To silence propaganda, Iraq seeks to take Islamic State offline