NEW DELHI Samsung Electronics Co Ltd (005930.KS) will ship 16 million tablets and laptop computers operating on Microsoft Corp's (MSFT.O) Windows 8 and Windows 7 operating systems this year, said Jin Park, vice president of the IT solutions business at Samsung.
Microsoft, the world's largest software company, launched its new-look, touch-friendly Windows 8 earlier this year to grip customers' imagination, as it looks to regain ground lost to Apple Inc (AAPL.O) and Google Inc (GOOG.O) in mobile computing and shake up the moribund PC market.
(Reporting by Devidutta Tripathy; Editing by Sunil Nair)
Trending On Reuters
Tesla Motors Inc told U.S. Senate Commerce Committee staff it is considering two theories that may help explain what led to the May 7 fatal crash that killed a Florida man who was using the car's "Autopilot" system, a person familiar with the meeting told Reuters on Friday. Full Article | Related Story
- Democratic fund-raising group for U.S. Congress candidates confirms hack
- Apple asks U.S. Supreme Court to rule against Samsung over patents
- Hackers hit Vietnam airports with South China Sea messages
- Video: Blind athlete runs desert marathon unassisted using smartphone app
- Alphabet and Amazon wind up stellar quarter for big tech