TOKYO Struggling Japanese TV maker Sharp Corp's plan to sell its Nanjing plant in China to Taiwan's Hon Hai Precision Industry Co Ltd has been frozen as a result of a disagreement on price and other conditions, the Nikkan Kogyo Shimbun newspaper said on its website on Thursday.
Sharp is also having trouble sealing a deal to sell its Malaysian plant to Hon Hai, the paper said, without naming sources.
Sharp's talks with Hon Hai to renegotiate its investment in the Japanese firm have stalled in the past few months as Sharp's losses have grown.
(Reporting by Mayumi Negishi; Editing by Daniel Magnowski)
Trending On Reuters
#RIPTwitter became the top trending U.S. item on Twitter on Saturday, after a report from BuzzFeed said the company is planning to change how it displays users’ tweets. Full Article
- Rubio, Christie and Kasich get more debate traction on social media
- Future fans will live the Super Bowl, not watch it
- Malaysia's new Twitter police target critics of PM Najib
- Exclusive - Top cybercrime ring disrupted as authorities raid Moscow offices - sources
- Twitter suspends over 125,000 accounts for 'promoting terrorist acts'