FRANKFURT Oct 14 SLM Solutions :
* Says activist investor Elliott has increased its stake in the 3D printer manufacturer to 20 percent from 16 percent.
* Says increase in holding effective Oct. 11.
* Regulatory releases show Elliott started building a stake in SLM shortly after General Electric announced plans to buy the company on Sept. 6.
* GE's offer runs to Oct. 24 and is conditional upon a 75 percent acceptance rate.
* Shares in SLM stand at about 41 euros, well above GE's 38-euro-per-share offer. (Reporting by Maria Sheahan; Editing by David Goodman)
Fed official stands by Wall St reforms, says must complete work
NEW YORK, Dec 3 The United States "absolutely must" complete unfinished work ending the too-big-to-fail bank problem that helped plunge the global economy into recession eight years ago, an influential Federal Reserve policymaker said on Saturday.
'Drop those rates' Turkey's Erdogan says in new appeal for lower borrowing costs
ANKARA, Dec 3 Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan on Saturday repeated his call for lower interest rates and said the government would take steps to ensure cheaper borrowing costs to promote consumption and economic growth.