SEOUL Samsung Electronics Co(005930.KS), the world's top handset maker, sold 63 million smartphones in the fourth quarter and commanded a 29 percent share of the global smartphone market, a report by research firm Strategy Analytics showed on Friday.
In 2012, Samsung sold 213 million smartphones with a 30 percent market share, followed by Apple Inc (AAPL.O), which sold 135.8 million iPhones with a 19 percent market share, the report said.
(Reporting by Miyoung Kim; Editing by Ryan Woo)
Trending On Reuters
Though Apple Inc is selling enough iPhones to keep investors happy for now, the world's most valuable publicly traded company is set increasingly to rely on its apps and services to drive growth. Full Article | Related Story
- EXCLUSIVE - Alibaba, eBay, CVC bid for Polish auction site Allegro - sources
- After mass shooting, German police focus on 'dark net' crime
- Twitter's video push seen unlikely to fast-forward revenue growth
- Video: Belgian scientists turn urine into drinking water
- Video: Shape-changing cellphones could be the future