* Manchester United beat Sunderland 3-1
* Blind scorcher put United ahead
* Ibrahimovic and Mkhitaryan sealed win with clinical late goals
* Borini netted a fine late consolation for Sunderland
* United stretched unbeaten run to 11 games in all competitions
* Former United boss Moyes defeated on his return to Old Trafford
* United next host Middlesborough, Sunderland visit Burnley
MANCHESTER UNITED 3 SUNDERLAND 1
Dec 26 Manchester United stretched their unbeaten run to 11 games in all competitions after Daley Blind, in-form striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic and substitute Henrik Mkhitaryan gave them a 3-1 home win over Sunderland on Monday.
Left back Blind fired United ahead with a crisp 39th-minute shot after Ibrahimovic teed him up perfectly. The towering Swede doubled the lead with a clinical 82nd-minute finish for his 17th goal of the season.
Fit-again Mkhitaryan put the icing on the cake with a spectacular backheel effort after a sharp Ibrahimovic cross from the right, although television replays suggested the Armenian was marginally offside. Striker Fabio Borini gave Sunderland fans something to cheer with a dipping late volley.
The result left United, who also celebrated their fourth successive Premier League win, in sixth place on 33 points from 18 games. Sunderland, managed by United's former boss David Moyes, remained 18th. (Writing by Zoran Milosavljevic; Editing by Ed Osmond)