TOKYO Sony Corp (6758.T) Chief Executive Officer Kazuo Hirai said on Thursday that the Japanese consumer electronics company has no plan to immediately sell off its loss-making TV business after selling its personal computer division to an investment fund.
Earlier, Sony, under pressure to shore up profitability in its electronics business, said it would split off the TV division into a separate company by July 2014.
Hirai told a news conference that he has no plan to sell the TV business right now but added that by eventually spinning it off they are headed in the right direction.
"There are many possibilities, not just for our TV business," he said.
(Reporting by Sophie Knight; Writing by Dominic Lau; Editing by Shinichi Saoshiro)
Trending On Reuters
Three teenagers playing the hit game Pokemon GO have been robbed at gunpoint in a north London park and forced to hand over their mobile phones, British police said on Saturday. Full Article
- Russia says spyware found in state computer networks
- Tesla mulling two theories to explain 'Autopilot' crash - source
- Exclusive: Clinton campaign also hacked in attacks on Democrats
- Video: Blind athlete runs desert marathon unassisted using smartphone app
- Video: Exercise plus electro-stimulation boosts calorie burn, study says