February 16, 2017 / 6:19 AM / 5 months ago

South Korea court rejects prosecution request on raid to presidential office - Yonhap

1 Min Read

People fly paper airplanes as they march toward the Presidential Blue House during a protest demanding South Korean President Park Geun-hye's resignation in Seoul, South Korea, January 7, 2017.Kim Hong-Ji/Files

SEOUL (Reuters) - A South Korean court rejected a request by the special prosecutor's office to raid the presidential Blue House, Yonhap News Agency said on Thursday, as part of a widening infleunce-peddling scandal that could topple President Park Guen-hye.

The special prosecution team investigating the corruption scandal, which has also engulfed Samsung Group, South Korea's largest conglomerate, said earlier it had asked the court to search the Blue House after the presidential office blocked a raid earlier this month.

Reporting by Ju-min Park; Editing by Paul Tait

0 : 0
  • narrow-browser-and-phone
  • medium-browser-and-portrait-tablet
  • landscape-tablet
  • medium-wide-browser
  • wide-browser-and-larger
  • medium-browser-and-landscape-tablet
  • medium-wide-browser-and-larger
  • above-phone
  • portrait-tablet-and-above
  • above-portrait-tablet
  • landscape-tablet-and-above
  • landscape-tablet-and-medium-wide-browser
  • portrait-tablet-and-below
  • landscape-tablet-and-below