NEW YORK Hollywood star Shia LaBeouf will make his Broadway debut as a petty thief opposite Alec Baldwin in a revival of the play "Orphans," press representatives for the play's producers said on Tuesday.
LaBeouf, 26, who starred in such big-budget movies as "Indiana Jones" and the "Transformers" franchise films, will take to the Broadway stage playing Treat, a thief supporting his younger brother. Baldwin will playing an older gangster, Harold, in Lyle Kessler's play that premiered in 1983.
The new production of the drama, which has seen previous incarnations in Los Angeles, Chicago, and London as well as being made into a movie, will open on Broadway in April.
(Reporting By Christine Kearney, editing by Cynthia Osterman)
Trending On Reuters
Harry Potter is casting a spell, again, over the publishing industry Full Article
- Streaming activity helps keep Drake's 'Views' atop Billboard 200
- LVMH sells loss-making Donna Karan to G-III in $650 million deal
- Greece may win over tourists shunning Turkey, but could also feel impact
- Bolshoi Ballet marks 60th anniversary of landmark London visit
- Ai Weiwei puts himself back in a jail cell in new Spanish show