NEW YORK Hollywood star Shia LaBeouf will make his Broadway debut as a petty thief opposite Alec Baldwin in a revival of the play "Orphans," press representatives for the play's producers said on Tuesday.
LaBeouf, 26, who starred in such big-budget movies as "Indiana Jones" and the "Transformers" franchise films, will take to the Broadway stage playing Treat, a thief supporting his younger brother. Baldwin will playing an older gangster, Harold, in Lyle Kessler's play that premiered in 1983.
The new production of the drama, which has seen previous incarnations in Los Angeles, Chicago, and London as well as being made into a movie, will open on Broadway in April.
(Reporting By Christine Kearney, editing by Cynthia Osterman)
Trending On Reuters
Winnie-the-Pooh turns 90 this year and the much-loved children's character returns for a new adventure in which he meets someone else celebrating the same significant birthday -- Britain's Queen Elizabeth. Full Article
- Amber Heard files for divorce from Johnny Depp - media
- 'Saved by the Bell' actor Dustin Diamond back in jail over probation
- Gawker hires bank, makes "contingency" plans after Hogan lawsuit
- Turkish writer quits UNESCO to protest damage to heritage, rights abuse
- For world records, Indian man removes teeth and gets over 500 tattoos