AMMAN Syrian rebels killed 10 members of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine-General Command (PFLP-GC), a faction loyal to President Bashar al-Assad, on Wednesday in clashes near a Palestinian camp in Damascus, opposition sources said.
Fighting between the two sides has escalated in the last few days in 'Street 30' and Hajar al-Aswad near Yarmouk, a camp inhabited by 150,000 Palestinians and as many Syrians. Syrian army artillery and warplanes have bombarded rebel positions in the area, the opposition sources said.
(Reporting by Khaled Yacoub Oweis; Editing by Janet Lawrence)
Trending On Reuters
Nineteen people were killed and 25 wounded after an attack by a knife-wielding man at a facility for the disabled in central Japan early on Tuesday, a government official said, in Japan's worst mass killing in decades. Full Article
- Turkey detains 42 journalists in crackdown as Europe sounds alarm
- Sanders backers revolt on raucous opening day at U.S. Democratic convention
- U.N. body overturns rejection, accredits press freedom watchdog
- Nine militants killed in police raid in Bangladesh
- After Nepal prime minister goes, China says hopes for stability