AMMAN Syrian rebels killed 10 members of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine-General Command (PFLP-GC), a faction loyal to President Bashar al-Assad, on Wednesday in clashes near a Palestinian camp in Damascus, opposition sources said.
Fighting between the two sides has escalated in the last few days in 'Street 30' and Hajar al-Aswad near Yarmouk, a camp inhabited by 150,000 Palestinians and as many Syrians. Syrian army artillery and warplanes have bombarded rebel positions in the area, the opposition sources said.
(Reporting by Khaled Yacoub Oweis; Editing by Janet Lawrence)
Trending On Reuters
New York billionaire Donald Trump hopes that Indiana's nominating contest on Tuesday will make him unstoppable in what originally had seemed to many a quixotic quest for the Republican presidential nomination. Full Article
- N. Korea capital gears up for congress; South fears nuclear test
- Fire destroys 50 shelters in Myanmar camp for displaced - witness
- Spanish King calls national election for June 26
- U.S. service member killed in Iraq - U.S. defense chief
- Turkish warplanes hit PKK targets in northern Iraq, killing 18 - military sources