MOSCOW A decision by "international opponents" to President Bashar al-Assad to arm rebels in Syria will hamper efforts to find a swift political solution to the conflict, Russia's Foreign Ministry said on Monday.
"Such statements from Doha cannot fail to cause serious concern," the ministry said in a statement, referring to the decision taken by 11 core members of the so-called Friends of Syria group at a weekend meeting in the Qatari capital.
(Reporting by Gabriela Baczynska; editing by Elizabeth Piper)
Trending On Reuters
Bangladesh's Supreme Court on Thursday rejected a final appeal by the leader of the top Islamist party against a death sentence for atrocities committed during the 1971 war of independence, lawyers said, meaning he could be hanged at any time. Full Article
- Nepal crisis averted as Maoists remain in coalition
- Unrelenting fire forces more evacuations in Canadian oil sands region
- Air strikes on refugee camp in Syria kill at least 28 - Syrian Observatory
- Vietnam asks Japan for vessels to strengthen coastguard
- Republicans grapple with whether to back Trump for White House