MOSCOW A decision by "international opponents" to President Bashar al-Assad to arm rebels in Syria will hamper efforts to find a swift political solution to the conflict, Russia's Foreign Ministry said on Monday.
"Such statements from Doha cannot fail to cause serious concern," the ministry said in a statement, referring to the decision taken by 11 core members of the so-called Friends of Syria group at a weekend meeting in the Qatari capital.
(Reporting by Gabriela Baczynska; editing by Elizabeth Piper)
Trending On Reuters
The Group of Seven industrial powers pledged to seek strong global growth, while papering over differences on currencies and stimulus policies and expressing concern over North Korea, Russia and maritime disputes involving China. Ready
- U.S. sees first case of bacteria resistant to all antibiotics
- Vietnam restricted access to Facebook during Obama visit - activists
- Trump vows to undo Obama's climate agenda in appeal to oil sector
- China eyes turning South China Sea islands into Maldives-style resorts
- France sends underwater probes to EgyptAir search zone