MOSCOW A decision by "international opponents" to President Bashar al-Assad to arm rebels in Syria will hamper efforts to find a swift political solution to the conflict, Russia's Foreign Ministry said on Monday.
"Such statements from Doha cannot fail to cause serious concern," the ministry said in a statement, referring to the decision taken by 11 core members of the so-called Friends of Syria group at a weekend meeting in the Qatari capital.
(Reporting by Gabriela Baczynska; editing by Elizabeth Piper)
Trending On Reuters
- Developer of collapsed Taiwan building arrested
- U.N. fears for hundreds of thousands if Syria troops encircle Aleppo
- Iraqi forces make gains against Islamic State east of Ramadi
- Swedish prosecutor preparing new application to interview Assange
- Rubio needs strong New Hampshire showing to rebut debate critics