GENEVA Geneva talks aimed at ending the Syrian war will tackle the key issues of stopping violence, setting up a transitional governing body, and plans for national institutions and reconciliation, mediator Lakhdar Brahimi has told the two sides in a document obtained by Reuters on Monday.
Brahimi plans to keep meeting the two sides separately for the next few days in hopes of improving the negotiating atmosphere at the Geneva talks, where a second session, expected to last a week, began on Monday.
(Reporting by Khaled Yacoub Oweis, editing by Tom Miles)
Trending On Reuters
Turkey on Saturday released more than 750 soldiers who had been detained after an abortive coup, state media reported, while President Tayyip Erdogan said he would drop lawsuits against those who had insulted him, in a one-time gesture of "unity". Full Article | Ripples of anti-Gulen crackdown
- Afghan Taliban delegation visits China to discuss unrest - sources
- Belgium charges man with planning attack, releases brother
- Pope urges Polish churchmen to open up, shun worldly ambitions
- Afghan troops press offensive against Islamic State
- Bavaria leader rejects Merkel's 'we can do this' refugee mantra