Time Warner Inc's management rebuffed Fox's recent takeover approach partly due to concerns over the company's corporate governance and the succession plan of its chairman and Chief Executive Officer Rupert Murdoch, a source familiar with the matter said.
The company also said on Wednesday that there was "significant risk and uncertainty" over the valuation of Fox's non-voting stock, which would have been used in the stock portion of the deal.
(Reporting by Liana B. Baker; Editing by Chris Reese)
Trending On Reuters
Indian IT services exports are likely to grow at a slower pace next fiscal year than in the recent past as global clients rein in technology spending, an industry lobby group said on Thursday. Full Article
- Cisco to pay $1.4 billion for Internet of Things firm Jasper
- Hackers attack 20 mln accounts on Alibaba's Taobao shopping site
- Sharp chooses Foxconn as preferred bidder over Japan fund -sources
- Google search chief Singhal to quit, to be replaced by AI head
- To silence propaganda, Iraq seeks to take Islamic State offline