Time Warner Inc's management rebuffed Fox's recent takeover approach partly due to concerns over the company's corporate governance and the succession plan of its chairman and Chief Executive Officer Rupert Murdoch, a source familiar with the matter said.
The company also said on Wednesday that there was "significant risk and uncertainty" over the valuation of Fox's non-voting stock, which would have been used in the stock portion of the deal.
(Reporting by Liana B. Baker; Editing by Chris Reese)
Trending On Reuters
Three teenagers playing the hit game Pokemon GO have been robbed at gunpoint in a north London park and forced to hand over their mobile phones, British police said on Saturday. Full Article
- Russia says spyware found in state computer networks
- Tesla mulling two theories to explain 'Autopilot' crash - source
- Exclusive: Clinton campaign also hacked in attacks on Democrats
- Video: Blind athlete runs desert marathon unassisted using smartphone app
- Video: Exercise plus electro-stimulation boosts calorie burn, study says