(Adds detail, background)
March 1 Swedish private equity firm Altor said
on Wednesday it would not hike its offer for call-center firm
Transcom, sending Transcom shares, which had been
trading above the bid level, lower.
* Altor says will not raise offer for Transcom
* Private equity firm Altor announced a recommended 2.29
billion crown cash bid of 87.50 SEK/share in December
* Altor said last week it was extending the acceptance
period in its bid for Transcom Worldwide to March 10
after failing to reach the 90 percent threshold needed to
complete the offer in the initial period.
* Both Maven Securities and Sand Grove Capital have
disclosed Transcom holdings of more than 5 pct each since the
bid was made.
* Transcom shares drop 4.6 pct to 88 SEK at 1225 GMT
Source text for Eikon:
(Reporting by Johannes Hellstrom)