ANKARA Seven people have been detained in connection with an Islamic State suicide bombing at the heart of Istanbul's historic district that killed 10 German tourists, Turkish Interior Minister Efkan Ala said on Thursday.
The bomber, who blew himself up among groups on Tuesday near Istanbul's most popular tourist attractions, had entered Turkey as a refugee from Syria.
(Reporting by Tulay Karadeniz; Writing by Humeyra Pamuk; Editing by Daren Butler)
Trending On Reuters
Barack Obama on Friday became the first incumbent U.S. president to visit Hiroshima, site of the world's first atomic bombing, in a gesture Tokyo and Washington hope will showcase their alliance and reinvigorate efforts to rid the world of nuclear arms. Read
- N.Korea threatens retaliation after S.Korean warning shots
- Islamic State drives Syria rebels from near Turkish border
- Syrian refugee finds home among the beards of Budapest
- Bashing Trump not enough for Democrats to win Latino vote, advocates warn
- Iraqis fleeing Mosul to Syria, up to 50,000 anticipated - UNHCR