ANKARA Seven people have been detained in connection with an Islamic State suicide bombing at the heart of Istanbul's historic district that killed 10 German tourists, Turkish Interior Minister Efkan Ala said on Thursday.
The bomber, who blew himself up among groups on Tuesday near Istanbul's most popular tourist attractions, had entered Turkey as a refugee from Syria.
(Reporting by Tulay Karadeniz; Writing by Humeyra Pamuk; Editing by Daren Butler)
Trending On Reuters
European leaders told Britain on Tuesday to act quickly to resolve the political and economic chaos unleashed by its vote to leave the European Union, a move the IMF said could put pressure on global growth. Full Article
- Exclusive: U.S. to downgrade Myanmar in annual human trafficking report – sources
- Insight - Pakistan's new military courts challenged over abuse claims
- Eight suicide bombers target Lebanese Christian village
- Two dead after shooting in western Oregon, suspected gunman captured
- Video: New York LGBT bar becomes first U.S. monument to gay rights