SAN FRANCISCO Twitter Inc said on Tuesday it has agreed to acquire advertising analytics company Bluefin Labs.
Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Twitter Chief Operating Officer Ali Rowghani said in a blog post announcing the deal: "Bluefin's data science capabilities and social TV expertise will help us create innovative new ad products and consumer experiences in the exciting intersection of Twitter and TV."
The deal was reported first by Business Insider.
In the past year the privately held microblogging service has made the integration of Twitter and television the centerpiece of its growth strategy.
Under Chief Executive Dick Costolo, the company has encouraged marketers to incorporate Twitter "hashtags" into their TV ads to generate online chatter, while also nudging its 200 million monthly users to discuss ads that are being aired.
(Reporting by Gerry Shih; Editing by Eric Walsh)
Trending On Reuters
Twitter Inc has shut down more than 125,000 terrorism-related accounts since the middle of 2015, most of them linked to the Islamic State group, the company said in a blog post on Friday. Full Article
- Exclusive - Top cybercrime ring disrupted as authorities raid Moscow offices - sources
- Business services firms' shares bleed as LinkedIn, Tableau crash
- U.S., Britain eye letting spy agencies, police seek email, chat data from companies
- Tiger Global still likes Internet names, gets pointers from Jeter
- TSMC says quake impact on Q1 shipments no more than 1 pct