GAZA An Israeli aircraft targeted a civilian car in the centre of Gaza City's busiest shopping street on Wednesday night and at least one person in the car, the driver, was killed, medics said.
Video of the destroyed car showed it had large red stickers that read "TV". The killed driver, Hamed Shehab, 30, worked for the Gaza-based news website Media 24. (media24.ps/)
A Media 24 journalist told Reuters that Shehab was occasionally called in to work as a driver when news events warranted.
The Israeli military had no initial comment on the strike, and a spokeswoman said she was checking for details.
(Reporting by Nidal Almughrabi, Editing by Ori Lewis and Ken Wills)
Trending On Reuters
Syria called local truces near Damascus and in a northern province on Friday but no halt to combat on the main battlefield in Aleppo, after a surge in fighting the United Nations said showed "monstrous disregard" for civilian lives. Read
- Oil rig helicopter crashes off Norwegian coast, 13 presumed dead
- China denies request for Hong Kong visit by U.S. carrier group - Pentagon
- Republicans downplay Trump rally unrest in California
- Puerto Rico Zika cases now include 65 pregnant women, 1 death - CDC
- North Korea sentences Korean American to 10 years hard labour