LONDON Novak Djokovic is set to become a father after announcing on Thursday that he and fiancee Jelena Ristic are expecting their first child.
"Jelena and I are truly blessed to soon become parents! My love is pregnant!," the world number two and six-times grand slam champion wrote on Facebook.
Djokovic, who got engaged to Ristic last September, is set to join Swiss players Roger Federer and Stanislas Wawrinka as the only members of the current world top 10 with children.
Federer, who had twins with wife Mirka in 2009, is expecting a third child in the coming weeks.
Serbian Djokovic is currently recovering from a wrist injury and recently played down fears he could miss the French Open, the only grand slam missing from his collection.
(Reporting by Toby Davis; editing by Martyn herman)
Trending On Reuters
Indian shot putter Inderjeet Singh said on Tuesday he has been notified by the national anti-doping agency (NADA) that he has returned a positive test for banned substances in his A sample. Full Article
- F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone's mother-in-law kidnapped in Brazil - reports
- Sri Lanka opt to bat against Australia in first test
- FIFA chief wants two more Africa slots in expanded World Cup
- West Ham's Creswell out for up to four months, Lanzini injured
- IOC has 'no interest in clean sport' - whistleblower