TORONTO BlackBerry Limited (BB.TO) named Marty Beard as its chief operating officer on Monday, filling a position that had been vacant since November following a management reshuffle.
Beard was most recently chief executive officer of LiveOps Inc, a provider of cloud applications for customer service. Prior to that he was an executive of Sybase, an enterprise software maker that was formerly run by current BlackBerry CEO John Chen.
BlackBerry said Beard in his new role would be responsible for marketing, application development, quality and customer care, among other things.
Former BlackBerry COO Kristian Tear left the company late last year, shortly after Chen took the reins.
(Reporting by Euan Rocha; Editing by Lisa Von Ahn)
Trending On Reuters
#RIPTwitter became the top trending U.S. item on Twitter on Saturday, after a report from BuzzFeed said the company is planning to change how it displays users’ tweets. Full Article
- Rubio, Christie and Kasich get more debate traction on social media
- Future fans will live the Super Bowl, not watch it
- Malaysia's new Twitter police target critics of PM Najib
- Exclusive - Top cybercrime ring disrupted as authorities raid Moscow offices - sources
- Twitter suspends over 125,000 accounts for 'promoting terrorist acts'