TORONTO BlackBerry Limited (BB.TO) named Marty Beard as its chief operating officer on Monday, filling a position that had been vacant since November following a management reshuffle.
Beard was most recently chief executive officer of LiveOps Inc, a provider of cloud applications for customer service. Prior to that he was an executive of Sybase, an enterprise software maker that was formerly run by current BlackBerry CEO John Chen.
BlackBerry said Beard in his new role would be responsible for marketing, application development, quality and customer care, among other things.
Former BlackBerry COO Kristian Tear left the company late last year, shortly after Chen took the reins.
(Reporting by Euan Rocha; Editing by Lisa Von Ahn)
Trending On Reuters
Apple Inc is investigating how to charge electric cars, talking to charging station companies and hiring engineers with expertise in the area, according to people familiar with the matter and a review of LinkedIn profiles. Full Article
- India says Apple must sell locally-sourced goods to set up stores - source
- Exclusive - Bangladesh probes 2013 hack for links to central bank heist
- Analysis - Automakers, tech companies decide to make deals, not war
- Exclusive - In Ecuador cyber heist, thieves moved $9 million to 23 Hong Kong firms
- Microsoft to cut 1,850 jobs at struggling smartphone unit