TORONTO BlackBerry Limited (BB.TO) named Marty Beard as its chief operating officer on Monday, filling a position that had been vacant since November following a management reshuffle.
Beard was most recently chief executive officer of LiveOps Inc, a provider of cloud applications for customer service. Prior to that he was an executive of Sybase, an enterprise software maker that was formerly run by current BlackBerry CEO John Chen.
BlackBerry said Beard in his new role would be responsible for marketing, application development, quality and customer care, among other things.
Former BlackBerry COO Kristian Tear left the company late last year, shortly after Chen took the reins.
(Reporting by Euan Rocha; Editing by Lisa Von Ahn)
Trending On Reuters
Three teenagers playing the hit game Pokemon GO have been robbed at gunpoint in a north London park and forced to hand over their mobile phones, British police said on Saturday. Full Article
- Russia says spyware found in state computer networks
- Tesla mulling two theories to explain 'Autopilot' crash - source
- Exclusive: Clinton campaign also hacked in attacks on Democrats
- Video: Blind athlete runs desert marathon unassisted using smartphone app
- Video: Exercise plus electro-stimulation boosts calorie burn, study says