Google Inc was said to be in talks to acquire video-streaming service Twitch, according to a report in The Wall Street Journal on Sunday.
Officials at Google and Twitch declined to comment on the matter.
The report said the size of the deal could not be learned and discussions between the parties were at an early stage. In addition, the company was said to be looking at raising additional funding instead of selling itself.
In September, Twitch raised $20 million in funding from Thrive Capital, WestSummit Capital and Take-Two Interactive Software Inc, among other parties.
(Reporting by Mike Stone; Editing by Eric Walsh)
Trending On Reuters
Facebook Inc lost the first round in a court fight against some of its users who sued the social networking company, alleging it "unlawfully" collected and stored users' biometric data derived from their faces in photographs. Full Article
- SpaceX rocket launches satellite, then lands on ship at sea
- China starts trial run of first home-grown maglev rail line - Xinhua
- Expert helped Los Angeles police hack Apple iPhone - court records
- Delayed Karma - GoPro pushes drone launch to winter
- New Apple app launches in Britain that pays people to get fit