SAN FRANCISCO Sony Corp said on Tuesday that sales of its PlayStation 4 video game console, launched in November, has surpassed 10 million units.
In April, the Japanese company said it had sold over 7 million PlayStation 4 units as of April 6 and was struggling to keep up with consumer demand.
The console went on sale on November 29 in the United States, Western Europe and Latin America, around the same time that rival Microsoft Corp's Xbox One was released. That console topped 3 million units in sales as of the end of last year.
Microsoft said in April it had shipped 5 million Xbox One units to retailers worldwide since the launch.
(Reporting by Malathi Nayak; Editing by Meredith Mazzilli)
Trending On Reuters
As one would-be father of bitcoin falls by the wayside, squabbling among the web-based currency's lead developers is exposing a fundamental flaw: it must evolve to meet growing demand, but may lack a governance structure to achieve this. Full Article
- Fiat Chrysler CEO: Unclear who owns self-driving cars' data
- SpaceX rocket launches satellite, then lands on ship at sea
- Toshiba nominates new CEO in bid to put accounting scandal behind it
- Facebook loses first round in suit over storing biometric data
- Exclusive - Apple's Tim Cook to visit China for government meetings - source