NASSAU The teenage son of actor John Travolta died suddenly on Friday during a family vacation in the Bahamas, according to police and the family's lawyer.
Jett Travolta, 16, suffered a seizure at his family's vacation home at the Old Bahama Bay resort on Grand Bahama Island, attorney Michael Ossi said.
The teen apparently hit his head and a caretaker found him unconscious in the bathroom on Friday morning. He was taken by ambulance to Rand Memorial Hospital in Freeport, where he was pronounced dead, according to a statement from the Royal Bahamas Police Department.
Jett, who had a history of seizures, was the eldest child of Travolta and his wife, actress Kelly Preston. They also have an 8-year-old daughter, Ella.
An autopsy was pending, police said.
The family, who have homes in California and Florida, arrived in the Bahamas on Tuesday by private plane, police said.
(Reporting by John Marquis; editing by Jane Sutton)
Trending On Reuters
- Video: Bob Dylan turns 75 on May 24
- Angelina Jolie to teach at London School of Economics on women in conflict
- Kanye West is sued by Hungarian rock star for alleged song theft
- Walt Disney's Mickey Mouse, animation trove up for auction
- Bone fragment of murdered archbishop of Canterbury begins English pilgrimage