WASHINGTON U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was discharged from hospital on Wednesday after being treated for a blood clot in a vein behind her right ear, and her doctors expect her to make a full recovery, a State Department spokesman said.
"Her medical team advised her that she is making good progress on all fronts, and they are confident she will make a full recovery," said Philippe Reines in a statement.
"She's eager to get back to the office, and we will keep you updated on her schedule as it becomes clearer in the coming days," he said.
(Reporting by Arshad Mohammed; editing by Philip Barbara)
Trending On Reuters
The Syrian who blew himself up in southern Germany, wounding 15 people, had pledged allegiance to Islamic State on a video found on his mobile phone, the Bavarian Interior Minister said on Monday. Full Article
- Two teens killed, many injured in Florida nightclub shooting
- Turkey detains 42 journalists in crackdown as Europe sounds alarm
- Scotland's Sturgeon preparing for independence to keep post-Brexit options open
- EPA clears path to regulate carbon emissions from U.S. aircraft
- Regional armies struggle in last push against Boko Haram