DALLAS A staunchly conservative Republican Texas lawmaker and foe of same-sex marriage found himself the target of jokes after a Tweet was mistakenly sent in his name that read "Marriage=One Man & One Man."
The office of State Senator Dan Patrick quickly deleted the Tweet, sent a new one that read "Marriage is between one man and one woman. Period," and jokingly said the lawmaker was looking for a new director of social media.
But the damage has been done and a fresh Twitter hashtag "#PatrickTwitterTypos" spawned, with users of the service inserting errors into well-worn political clichés.
Some included "Texans deserve lower taxis" and "I'm pro-life jacket and I boat."
Patrick sent his initial Tweet shortly after a federal court judge on Wednesday ruled that the Texas ban on same-sex marriage was unconstitutional.
(Reporting by Lisa Maria Garza; Writing by Jon Herskovitz; Editing by Scott Malone and Cynthia Osterman)
Trending On Reuters
Verizon Communications Inc will announce an agreement on Monday to buy Yahoo Inc for about $5 billion, according to a person familiar with the matter. Full Article
- EXCLUSIVE: Tesla, SolarCity close to merger agreement - sources
- Apple weathers anti-U.S. demo in China, where patriotic protests snowball
- Solar plane takes off from Egypt on final leg of world tour
- Pokemon GO blamed for illegal border crossing from Canada to U.S
- Video: Danish amateur rocket launch fails