LONDON An earthquake of magnitude 6.0 struck off the coast of Alaska on Thursday, the U.S. Geological Survey said.
It gave the epicentre of the quake, which was 6.2 miles deep, as 47 miles south of Port Alexander.
(Reporting by Jon Boyle; Editing by Janet Lawrence)
Trending On Reuters
Hillary Clinton secured the Democratic Party's U.S. presidential nomination on Tuesday, coming back from a stinging 2008 defeat in her first White House run and surviving a bitter primary fight to become the first woman to head the ticket of a major party in U.S. history. Full Article
- Japanese police raid house of knife attack suspect
- Islamists attack French church, slit priest's throat
- Philippines says omission of arbitration ruling in ASEAN statement not a Chinese victory
- Kerry hopes to work with Russia on Syria, U.N. aims to restart talks
- Malaysia's Najib gets new powers amid planned protests over fund scandal