PHOENIX At least one person has been wounded in a shooting at a high school in southeast Arizona, and a suspect is in custody, a sheriff's official said on Thursday.
The shooting occurred at a high school in Willcox, about 195 miles (314 km) southeast of Phoenix, at around 3:15 p.m. local time (2215 GMT), according to the Cochise County Sheriff's Department.
"There was one injury, possibly a student, non-life threatening, and possibly one in custody," sheriff's department spokeswoman Carol Capas told Reuters.
(Reporting y Tim Gaynor; Editing by Cynthia Johnston)
Trending On Reuters
A huge fire swept through one of India's biggest arms depots on Tuesday, triggering an explosion and killing as many as 17 people, army and regional officials said. Full Article
- Earthquake measuring 6.1 shakes parts of Taiwan, including capital
- Attempted North Korea missile launch fails - South Korea
- Rio de Janeiro police arrest two men in gang-rape case
- Extreme weather increasing level of toxins in food, scientists warn
- China's Xi says hopes to get Philippines ties back on track