* Futures up: Dow 37 pts, S&P 3 pts, Nasdaq 13.75 pts
By Yashaswini Swamynathan
June 14 U.S. stock index futures edged up on
Wednesday as investors braced for a near-certain interest rate
hike by the Federal Reserve.
* Traders have placed a 94 percent chance of the central
bank pulling the trigger on a second rate increase this year.
The hike will push rates above 1 percent for the first time
since the immediate aftermath of the collapse of Lehman Brothers
* The Fed will release its decision at 2:00 p.m. ET (1600
GMT) followed by Fed Chair Janet Yellen's press conference.
* Investors will also be looking for any details on the
Fed's plans to trim its $4.5 trillion balance sheet in the face
of improving economic conditions.
* Oil prices fell on Wednesday after data showed a build in
U.S. crude stocks and OPEC reported a rise in its production
despite a pledge to cut output.
* A rebound in technology shares drove U.S. stocks to record
highs on Tuesday. Investors will test whether the recovery holds
or if worries about valuations could dominate the sector.
* The U.S. Commerce Department will issue a report on May
retail sales, which are expected to show a smaller rise of 0.1
percent after a 0.4 percent gain in April. The report is due at
8:30 a.m. ET.
* Shares of H&R Block rose 11.2 percent to $30.01
after the tax preparation service provider's fourth-quarter
revenue and profit beat analysts' expectations.
* Aldeyra Therapeutics dropped 18.6 percent to
$4.15 after the company said it failed to meet a goal in its
Futures snapshot at 7:09 a.m. ET:
* Dow e-minis were up 37 points, or 0.17 percent,
with 5,550 contracts changing hands.
* S&P 500 e-minis were up 3 points, or 0.12 percent,
with 92,828 contracts traded.
* Nasdaq 100 e-minis were up 13.75 points, or 0.24
percent, on volume of 6,927 contracts.
(Reporting by Yashaswini Swamynathan in Bengaluru; Editing by