Sept 8 (Reuters) -
* A Chinese company has made an offer for the bus division
of Swedish truckmaker Volvo, Italian daily newspaper
Il Sole 24 Ore said on Thursday.
* Volvo has hired an international bank to look into the
best way of extracting value from the bus business and a stock
market listing cannot not ruled out, the newspaper said.
* The Swedish group is rethinking its strategy and is ready
to consider the sale of assets including, besides its bus unit,
its Construction Equipment business, the newspaper said.
* But management might first try to improve the
profitability of the Construction Equipment division before
taking any decision, it said.
* Volvo was not available for immediate comment.
(Reporting by Stephen Jewkes and Olof Swahnberg; editing by