FRANKFURT - Germany's SAP has agreed to buy U.S. expenses software maker Concur for $7.3 billion in cash, strengthening its position in cloud computing, an area it long hoped to avoid until its momentum became too great to ignore.
FRANKFURT - German drugmaker Merck KGaA said it struck a deal with Lupin Limited to market some of the Indian drugmaker's cardiovascular and diabetes treatments in emerging markets.
MUMBAI/HONG KONG - U.S. private equity firm KKR & Co LP has agreed to provide about $175 million in financing to GMR Infrastructure Ltd in a debt and equity deal, a source with direct knowledge of the matter told Reuters.
HONG KONG/BEIJING - Sinopec Corp will sell a 107.1 billion yuan ($17.5 billion) stake in its retail unit to a group of 25 Chinese and foreign investors, Asia's top oil refiner said in a statement on Sunday.
MUMBAI - Lupin Ltd, India's fourth-largest drugmaker by sales, said it entered into an exclusive deal to market some of U.S. firm Salix Pharmaceuticals Inc's products in Canada to expand its footprint in that region.
MUMBAI - Biocon Ltd said on Tuesday it agreed to buy a 7.7 percent stake in its research services business from a unit of GE Capital for 2.15 billion rupees ($35.48 million).
NEW DELHI - Lanco Infratech said on Tuesday it planned to sell power projects to raise 50 billion rupees ($825 million) and pay down its debts.
STOCKHOLM - Sweden's Electrolux AB said on Monday it would double U.S. sales by paying $3.3 billion in cash for General Electric Co's appliances business in its biggest ever deal, giving it the scale to go head-to-head with larger rival Whirlpool.
TARANTO Italy - JSW Steel is considering buying the Ilva steel plant in Italy, union sources said on Thursday.
BERLIN - German venture capital group Rocket Internet is bringing together its five emerging market fashion brands to create a company worth 2.7 billion euros ($3.6 billion) and simplify its structure before a likely stock market listing.
- Finance: JBS delays $1.7 billion food unit IPO amid market slide, sources say
- Technology: Rocket Internet CEO stands to lift stake via options: report
- Healthcare: Bayer hits record high on move to list plastics business
- Consumer: Exclusive: Hyundai directors kept in dark on size of $10 billion land bid - sources
- Energy: Siemens, GE consider bid for Dresser Rand: reports
- Industrials: Arkema offers Total $2.2 billion for Blu-Tack maker Bostik
- M&A: Microsoft delays launch of its Xbox One console in China
- Bankruptcy: Bankruptcy most likely scenario for indebted Mechel-economy minister
- IPOs: JBS delays $1.7 bln food unit IPO amid market slide, sources say
- Private Capital: IPO values online furnishings retailer Wayfair at up to $2.32 bln
- Hedge Funds: Ex-Marble Bar manager readies Mako backed European hedge fund - sources
- Regulatory: Microsoft delays launch of its Xbox One console in China
- G20 says nearing growth goal, but more needed from Europe
- India caps prices of 36 more drugs to improve access - government official
- Alibaba surges 38 pct on massive demand in market debut
- Exclusive: Hyundai directors kept in dark on size of $10 bln land bid - sources
- China hands drugmaker GSK record $489 million fine for paying bribes
Top rice exporter India importing over 100,000 T on temporary supply squeeze. Full Article