MUMBAI - Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, India's largest drugmaker by sales, said on Tuesday it has agreed to buy GlaxoSmithKline's opiates business in Australia to strengthen its pain management portfolio.
MUMBAI - U.S. private equity fund TPG Capital Management will buy a "significant minority stake" in Indian private hospital operator Manipal Health Enterprises Ltd for 9 billion rupees ($145.86 million), the companies said in a joint statement on Thursday.
BHUBANESWAR/MUMBAI - State-owned Odisha Mining Corp has terminated its joint venture with global mining giant Rio Tinto in Odisha, a top company executive told Reuters on Wednesday, in a bid to focus its efforts on mining independently.
LONDON - British insurer RSA said it had sold its 26 percent holding in Indian insurer Royal Sundaram Alliance Insurance Company to its joint venture partner Sundaram Finance.
REUTERS - Infosys Ltd said on Monday it would buy Panaya Inc, a New Jersey-based provider of automation technology, for an enterprise value of $200 million as India's second-biggest IT outsourcing company bets on new technology to boost growth.
MUMBAI - Malaysia's IHH Healthcare Bhd and U.S. private equity firm TPG Capital Management are vying to buy a controlling stake in India's Global Hospitals in a deal that would value the privately owned chain at $350 million, two people with direct knowledge of the matter said.
REUTERS - Microblogging site Twitter Inc has reached a deal with Google Inc to make its tweets more searchable online, Bloomberg reported, citing people with knowledge of the matter.
By Caroline Humer, Ransdell Pierson, Vidya L Nathan and Natalie Grover
- Yahoo has decided to spin off its Small Business unit as part of the spinoff of its stake in Alibaba Group Holding Ltd .
FRANKFURT - Intel has agreed to buy German network chipmaker Lantiq for an undisclosed amount to expand its range of chips used in Internet-connected gadgets, the companies said on Monday.
- Finance: Britain agrees to sale of Eurostar stake to British, Canadian funds
- Technology: IBM buys AlchemyAPI to boost Watson computing unit
- Healthcare: Bavarian Nordic shares leap on $1 billion Bristol-Myers deal
- Consumer: Fiat Chrysler could sell more than 10 percent of Ferrari in IPO: CEO
- Energy: Petrobras to sell $13.7 billion in assets in 2015 and 2016
- Industrials: Qatar Airways interested in more airline stakes
- M&A: Two bidding groups line up final bids for Fortum's Swedish grid - sources
- Bankruptcy: PRESS DIGEST- Canada- March 4
- IPOs: New Issue-EDC prices 300 mln stg 2019 bond
- Private Capital: Two bidding groups line up final bids for Fortum's Swedish grid - sources
- Hedge Funds: Activist hedge funds' assets swell six-fold in ten years
- Regulatory: RPT-UPDATE 1-Britain agrees to sale of Eurostar stake to British, Canadian funds