NEW YORK/LONDON Rupert Murdoch's Twenty-First Century Fox Inc has struck a preliminary deal to buy the 61 percent of British pay-TV firm Sky Plc it does not already own for around $14 billion, five years after a political scandal wrecked a previous bid. | Video
Japanese electronic parts maker TDK Corp is in talks to acquire InvenSense Inc, a U.S. chip maker that produces motion sensors for Apple Inc and Samsung Electronics Co, people familiar with the matter said on Friday.
ZURICH Novartis is in talks about the sale of some older neuroscience drugs, people close to the matter said, as the Swiss drugmaker clears the decks to concentrate on promising new medicines it hopes will help to restore sales growth.
U.S. President-elect Donald Trump's plan to incentivize U.S. companies to repatriate their swelling overseas cash piles could spur a new wave of dealmaking in a pharmaceutical industry seeking to buy its way into growth.
HONG KONG Fosun International Ltd , China's biggest privately-owned conglomerate, is known globally for its bold dealmaking, including the tenaciously successful pursuit of French resort operator Club Med.
FRANKFURT/WASHINGTON President Barack Obama blocked a Chinese investment fund from acquiring the U.S. business of German semiconductor equipment maker Aixtron because the deal posed a risk to American national security, the Treasury Department said on Friday.
Satellite radio company Sirius XM Holdings Inc's Chairman Greg Maffei recently made a fresh approach to internet radio provider Pandora Media Inc and expressed interest about a potential takeover, according to a source familiar with the matter.
PARACAS, Peru Odebrecht SA's junior partner on a natural gas pipeline project in Peru told Reuters Friday that the government would have to pay $1.2 billion to $1.4 billion in compensation if it decides to rescind the current contract as financing is stuck on corruption concerns.
MILAN Silvio Berlusconi and the Chinese investors seeking to buy Italian football club AC Milan are discussing the possibility of postponing the closing of the deal to the end of February, two sources close to the matter told Reuters.
Ixia , a U.S. provider of equipment and applications that help maintain computer networks, is a potential sale, people familiar with the matter said on Friday.
- Finance: Exclusive: Reinsurer Beechwood explores sale after Platinum woes - source
- Technology: Murdoch's Twenty-First Century Fox bids $14 billion for UK's Sky
- Healthcare: Aetna CEO defends merger with Humana in antitrust trial
- Consumer: Rivian bids on shuttered Mitsubishi plant in Illinois
- Energy: Rosneft says has enough oil as Glencore raises stakes in Russia
- Industrials: Exclusive: Japan's TDK in talks to buy iPhone supplier InvenSense - sources
- M&A: REFILE-Aetna CEO defends merger with Humana in antitrust trial
- Bankruptcy: BRIEF-Stone Energy Corp says extensions to restructuring support agreement
- IPOs: BRIEF-Whiting Petroleum Corporation announces conversion of $721 mln convertible notes
- Private Capital: BRIEF-Sorrento Therapeutics reports 5.9 pct passive stake in Medovex
- Hedge Funds: Brexiteer Odey's fund loses 369 million euros
- Regulatory: UPDATE 2-Exxon CEO is now Trump's secretary of state favorite -transition official