PARIS French weapons sales hit a record high of more than 20 billion euros ($21.33 billion) in 2016 after submarine contracts in Australia and fighter jet sales to India, France's defence minister said.
PARIS/DAVOS, Switzerland For the last year, Sanofi's chief executive has made clear his quest for deals to help revive the fortunes of France's biggest drugmaker.
PARIS French aero engine maker Safran on Thursday launched a $9 billion agreed bid for seats manufacturer Zodiac Aerospace to create the world's third-largest aerospace supplier as the industry bulks up to tackle record high output plans.
LONDON British insurer Aviva will merge its UK life and general insurance businesses as it focuses on offering products online, it said on Thursday, in an organisational shake-up that also saw the departure of its European chief.
LONDON The world's top oil companies are back in acquisition mode, targeting smaller exploration and development firms to boost oil and gas reserves rather than the mega-mergers that followed previous slumps in crude prices.
LONDON European stocks dipped on Thursday, though Zodiac Aerospace's shares surged after a takeover offer by France's Safran and Moneysupermarket.com also jumped after it reported strong results.
MOSCOW The acquisition of a 19.5 percent stake in Russia's Rosneft oil firm was paid for by foreign companies, Tass news agency quoted Andrei Kostin, Chief Executive of Russian state lender VTB, as saying on Wednesday.
TOKYO Toshiba Corp wants to sell a minority stake in its core semiconductor business and is considering potential buyers including U.S. partner Western Digital Corp, a source said, as the Japanese group prepares for a multi-billion-dollar writedown.
FRANKFURT Germany's Lufthansa is not in talks about Etihad Airways taking a stake in the German airline, two sources familiar with the matter said on Tuesday, denying an Italian newspaper report that said it was.
LONDON British American Tobacco has agreed a $49.4 billion takeover of U.S. rival Reynolds American Inc , creating the world's biggest listed tobacco company after it increased an earlier offer by more than $2 billion.
- Finance: Itaú Unibanco postpones acquisition of Colombia's CorpBanca
- Technology: China start-up Mobike teams up with Foxconn as it plans surge in bike output
- Healthcare: Sanofi's M&A misses frustrate some investors in drugmaker
- Consumer: FTC not sold on Walgreens' plan to win nod for Rite Aid deal: Bloomberg
- Energy: Saudi's SABIC to acquire remaining 50 percent of Shell venture for $820 million
- Industrials: JP Morgan sees U.S. telecom sector consolidation, T-Mobile deal
- M&A: UPDATE 2-Actelion drug fails trial, denting revenue potential
- Bankruptcy: BRIEF-Integrated Research says Avaya filed for voluntary petitions under Chapter 11 of bankruptcy
- IPOs: BRIEF-Norwegian Air plans SEK 1 bln bond issue
- Private Capital: BRIEF-SVG Capital updates on tender offers
- Hedge Funds: Brexiteer Odey's fund loses 369 million euros
- Regulatory: UPDATE 2-Actelion drug fails trial, denting revenue potential
- Cash-ban distress leaves scant room for India budget giveaways
- Sensex, Nifty rise as banks rally ahead of budget
- Dollar slips, global shares wobbly after Trump's protectionist address
- U.S. SEC probing Yahoo over previously disclosed cyber breach - filing
- South Korea prosecutors to investigate other conglomerates after Samsung probe