STERLING HEIGHTS, Michigan Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) has been approached by several suitors for its components business Magneti Marelli, the carmaker's chief executive said on Friday, without giving names or mentioning how many.
MUMBAI Castrol India Ltd said on Friday it was not aware of any stake sale in the company by Castrol Ltd, a unit of oil major BP Plc, and said recent news reports that such a transaction would take place were based on market speculation.
MUMBAI Payment services provider Net1 UEPS Technologies Inc will invest up to $40 million in Indian mobile wallet services provider MobiKwik over the next 24 months, the companies said in a joint statement on Friday.
TAIPEI/BEIJING CTBC Financial Holdings, parent of Taiwan's top credit card issuer, and Chinese state-backed lender China CITIC Bank Corp have cancelled investments in each other amid fresh cross-strait political tensions.
MELBOURNE Glencore Plc has agreed to sell all the gold and a 30 percent stake in its Ernest Henry copper mine in Australia to Evolution Mining for A$880 million ($670 million), advancing the Swiss giant's effort to pay down debt.
MUMBAI Castrol Ltd, a unit of oil major BP Plc, is selling an up to $261 million stake in Castrol India Ltd in a block trade on Wednesday, according to a termsheet seen by Reuters.
SINGAPORE/ISLAMABAD Chinese state-backed firms are frontrunners to buy a $1.5 billion controlling stake in Pakistani utility K-Electric, sources said, as they bet the benefits of a Beijing-led economic corridor will trump the risks of investing in Pakistan.
American International Group Inc is in early talks to sell Lloyd's of London Ltd's [SOLYD.UL] insurance operations to Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB), the Wall Street Journal reported on Tuesday.
MUMBAI India's No. 3 mobile phone carrier, Idea Cellular, strongly denied a news report on Tuesday that it was in exploratory talks about a merger with larger rival Vodafone India.
CAPE TOWN ArcelorMittal's South African business and the country's government have agreed a new pricing model aimed at bolstering the domestic steel sector and reviving the economy.
- Finance: Icahn denies attempt to sell Herbalife stock, buys more shares
- Technology: BlackBerry to raise $605 million from shareholder Fairfax, others
- Healthcare: Alere sues Abbott over $5.8 billion takeover
- Consumer: Malaysian fast food operator QSR Brands plans $400 mln IPO: IFR
- Energy: Venezuela says signs $5.5 bln mining deals with companies
- Industrials: Alstom says wins $2 billion U.S. train deal
- M&A: UPDATE 1-Sycamore Partners, liquidators bid on bankrupt U.S. teen retailer Aeropostale
- Bankruptcy: UPDATE 1-Sycamore Partners, liquidators bid on bankrupt U.S. teen retailer Aeropostale
- IPOs: BRIEF-OpGen files for stock shelf of up to $50 million
- Private Capital: UPDATE 1-Sycamore Partners, liquidators bid on bankrupt U.S. teen retailer Aeropostale
- Hedge Funds: Citadel hires ex BlueCrest portfolio manager for London office
- Regulatory: UPDATE 1-MOVES-Pershing Square's Valeant analyst to exit, Ackman sees stock rising
- Foreign seed firms rally behind Monsanto in Indian alliance
- Tata Motors Q1 net profit halves on forex loss post-Brexit vote
- Dirty laundry: Welspun tangle highlights India's quality challenge
- Rajan welcomes Patel as successor at RBI
- Fed's Yellen offers dose of uncertainty to markets hungry for a clue |