AT&T Inc, the No. 2 U.S. wireless carrier, has made a bid for Yahoo Inc's internet business, Bloomberg reported on Wednesday, citing people familiar with the matter.
NAGOYA, Japan/LONDON Tata Steel has received a number of serious offers for its businesses in Britain, Prime Minister David Cameron said on Wednesday as steel workers marched past Downing Street to put pressure on the government to get a deal.
SINGAPORE Ruchi Soya and Adani Wilmar said on Wednesday they planned a joint venture in India to tap into the country's growing food demand and purchasing power.
FRANKFURT German drugs and pesticides group Bayer said it was confident that Monsanto would take a positive view of its $62 billion takeover proposal.
Specialty finance company Ares Capital Corp agreed to buy smaller rival American Capital Ltd in a cash-and-stock deal valued at $3.4 billion, aiming to capture a bigger share of lending to mid-sized firms as big banks turn cautious.
Tribune Publishing Co, owner of the Los Angeles Times and the Chicago Tribune, said Los Angeles billionaire Patrick Soon-Shiong has invested $70.5 million in the company, becoming its second largest shareholder. | Video
MUMBAI Tata Communications Ltd is selling a 74 percent stake in its data centre business to Singapore-based ST Telemedia for about $630 million including debt, the company said on Thursday.
MUMBAI India's JSW Steel Ltd, the flagship company of steel tycoon Sajjan Jindal, has started talks with Sandur Manganese about a long-term iron ore supply agreement, a company official said on Wednesday.
Fitbit users could soon make payments with a flick of the wrist, as the maker of the simple yet hugely popular fitness bands races to pack in more features in its products.
FRANKFURT Chinese home appliance maker Midea Group made an offer on Wednesday to buy German factory robot manufacturer Kuka AG, the latest bid by a Chinese investor to gain control of cutting-edge German industrial technology.
- Finance: Aetna-Humana tie-up is anti-competitive in Missouri-state regulator
- Technology: Glass Lewis recommends shareholders vote for Tribune Publishing board
- Healthcare: Exclusive: Sanofi to unveil challenge to Medivation's board - sources
- Consumer: US Foods raises $1.02 billion in IPO: source
- Energy: Amplats bid to buy peace around prized South African mine may backfire
- Industrials: Singapore Exchange in talks to buy London's Baltic Exchange
- M&A: BRIEF-New York REIT says combined entity will trade on NYSE under ticker "JBG" - Conf Call
- Bankruptcy: Lawyers for BHS suitor knew of his bankruptcy, lawmakers told
- IPOs: BRIEF-Bank of Montreal announced domestic public offering of $1.25 bln of subordinated notes
- Private Capital: UPDATE 1-New York REIT, JBG combine to form $8.4 bln real estate company
- Hedge Funds: Hedge funds, anticipating ECB buys, move into long-dated euro zone debt
- Regulatory: BRIEF-Zealand says FDA votes for US approval of iGlarLixi
- India seen holding off for now on reducing raw sugar import tax
- India says Apple must sell locally-sourced goods to set up stores - source
- HP Inc's revenue misses Wall Street on weak PC, printer sales
- L&T looks at new markets, forecasts faster order growth
- Tata Steel says evaluating bids for UK asset sale