BRUSSELS U.S. cable group Liberty Global and UK telecoms firm Vodafone are set to win EU antitrust approval for their plan to merge their Dutch operations after offering minor concessions, two people familiar with the matter said on Friday.
Business software maker Oracle Corp said on Thursday it would buy NetSuite Inc for about $9.3 billion in cash, a deal designed to help Oracle gain market share in the fast-growing cloud computing business. | Video
HONG KONG/MUMBAI Shanghai Fosun Pharmaceutical Group Co Ltd has agreed to buy an 86 percent stake in Gland Pharma - backed by KKR & Co LP - for up to $1.3 billion, the largest acquisition of an Indian company from abroad this year.
LONDON Management buyout group Excalibur, one of the bidders for Tata's British steelmaking business, intends to pursue plans to buy the assets, it said on Wednesday, despite Tata pausing the sale process to explore joint ventures.
WARSAW Chinese e-commerce group Alibaba, U.S. online retailer eBay Inc, and private equity firm CVC Capital Partners are among the bidders for Eastern Europe's No.1 auction website Allegro from South Africa's Naspers, sources said.
MUMBAI Shanghai Fosun Pharmaceutical (Group) Co will sign a definitive agreement on Wednesday to buy a controlling stake in India's Gland Pharma in a $1.4 billion deal, the Economic Times newspaper reported, citing a source with direct knowledge.
LOS ANGELES Mondelez International Inc Chief Executive Irene Rosenfeld on Wednesday confirmed that the company made an offer to purchase Hershey Co.
MUMBAI India's biggest e-commerce firm Flipkart is buying domestic online fashion retailer Jabong from Global Fashion Group for $70 million in cash, the latest consolidation move in the country's e-commerce sector as competition intensifies.
NEW YORK/SAN FRANCISCO Verizon Communications Inc said on Monday it would buy Yahoo Inc's core internet properties for $4.83 billion in cash, marking the end of the line for a storied Web pioneer and setting the stage for a big new internet push by the telecom giant. | Video
PARIS French luxury group LVMH is selling Donna Karan International, the parent of New York label DKNY, to U.S. clothing firm G-III Apparel Group in a deal valuing the loss-making fashion brand at $650 million.
- Finance: Health insurer Cigna to look for M&A targets if Anthem deal fails
- Technology: Private equity firms focused on Hewlett Packard asset sales: sources
- Healthcare: Petrobras sells oilfield asset to Statoil for $2.5 billion
- Consumer: Private equity firms prepare acquisition offers for Save-A-Lot-sources
- Energy: E.ON's Uniper may sell stake in gas field, pipelines: sources
- Industrials: NextEra to buy bankrupt Energy Future Holdings' Oncor stake
- M&A: BRIEF-Linear Technology to pay Analog $490 mln, if merger is terminated
- Bankruptcy: BRIEF-Radient Technologies Inc announces Financial Results and Private Placement Offering
- IPOs: Cash-strapped Chicago schools pay big premium in $150 mln bond deal
- Private Capital: UPDATE 1-Private equity firms prepare acquisition offers for Save-A-Lot-sources
- Hedge Funds: Man Group's funds fall in first half, Brexit yet to hit flows
- Regulatory: BRIEF-Radient Technologies Inc announces Financial Results and Private Placement Offering