MUMBAI - Faced with a shrinking economy and tepid loan demand at home, Japan's largest banks are looking to bolster their presence in India, enthused by Prime Minister Narendra Modi's reform agenda and improving ties between the two countries.
REUTERS - Auto parts maker Motherson Sumi Systems Ltd would buy assets of Germany's Scherer & Trier group for about 36 million euros ($44.8 million) through a subsidiary, Motherson Sumi said in a statement late on Monday.
NEW DELHI - Russian bank VTB will open a $1 billion credit line to India's Essar Group, chief executive Andrei Kostin said on Thursday during a visit to New Delhi by President Vladimir Putin.
NEW DELHI - Russia's top oil producer Rosneft struck oil and gas deals with India on Thursday, seeking to strengthen ties with Asia and diversify its exports away from Europe, under pressure from Western sanctions.
- Citigroup Inc will record $2.7 billion in litigation expenses and another $800 million in repositioning charges, leaving the third-largest U.S. bank "marginally profitable" in the fourth quarter, its chief executive officer said on Tuesday.
WELLINGTON - New Zealand awarded 15 oil and gas exploration licences on Tuesday, with U.S. giant Chevron and India's ONGC Videsh joining the hunt in the South Pacific country for the first time.
MUMBAI - The Competition Commission of India (CCI) approved generic drugmaker Sun Pharmaceutical Industries' $3.2 billion bid to buy Ranbaxy Laboratories, but ordered the firms to divest seven products to ensure the deal doesn't harm competition.
MUMBAI - Reliance Industries Ltd said on Friday it has entered a pact with Mexico's national oil company Petroleos Mexicanos (Pemex) to explore potential upstream oil and gas business opportunities in that country.
COPENHAGEN - Danish business services firm ISS has sold its Indian cash and valuables services business to unlisted Indian company SIS Prosegur for an undisclosed amount.
MILAN - Italy's Luxottica is joining forces with U.S. chipmaker Intel Corp to develop hi-tech glasses as the world's largest eyewear group pushes further into so-called wearable technology.
- Finance: Wristband maker Fitbit in talks with banks for IPO: Bloomberg
- Technology: Fear factor fades as global M&A hits seven-year high
- Healthcare: AstraZeneca CEO says new Pfizer bid unlikely: Swedish daily DI
- Consumer: Madison Dearborn in the lead to take over Walgreen unit: sources
- Energy: Delaware court says C&J tie up with Nabors unit can proceed
- Industrials: Urenco owners test market for possible sale: official
- M&A: XL Group secures Catlin takeover-paper
- Bankruptcy: UPDATE 1-Deutsche Bank faces fine in Kirch case - Sueddeutsche Zeitung
- IPOs: Capital hike, asset sales to fill gap at Monte Paschi -chairman
- Private Capital: Fear factor fades as global M&A hits seven-year high
- Hedge Funds: Hedge fund billionaire's wife will not contest divorce ruling
- Regulatory: CNOOC's Nexen shuts Yemen facilities due to security threat
- Modi may order insurance, coal reforms if vote delayed - officials
- Flipkart raises $700 million in fresh funding
- Saudi Arabia says won't cut oil output even if non-OPEC nations do
- Crank up public spending to revive growth - chief economic adviser
- INSIGHT - As Ford closes, European rust belt seeks new ideas