LONDON - Drugmaker Shire said on Tuesday it was seeking to buy Baxalta , a company spun-off by Baxter International last month, for $30 billion to forge the leading global specialist in rare diseases. | Video
SAO PAULO - Banco Bradesco SA agreed to buy HSBC Holdings Plc's Brazilian unit for a surprisingly high 17.6 billion reais ($5.2 billion), narrowing the gap with larger rivals while boosting its base of affluent customers in Latin America's largest economy.
FRANKFURT - German carmakers BMW , Audi and Mercedes , will pay around 2.5 billion euros ($2.8 billion) to buy Nokia's maps business, beating out high-tech rivals for location services seen as key to the future of self-driving cars. | Video
MUMBAI - Reliance Communications has revived a plan to sell a stake in its tower unit, attracting early interest from U.S. private equity firms as well as sector rivals, three sources with direct knowledge of the matter said.
MILAN - Italian former prime minister Silvio Berlusconi is to sign a binding pre-accord to sell 48 percent of his AC Milan soccer club to Thai businessman Bee Taechaubol in the next few days with a final deal to be inked after the summer, a source close to the matter told Reuters on Thursday.
MUMBAI - France's biggest bank, BNP Paribas SA , has agreed to buy Indian brokerage Sharekhan for an undisclosed sum as it looks to beef up retail broking operations in India, taking advantage of a surge in retail investments into stocks.
REUTERS - U.S.-listed auto parts supplier Delphi Automotive is buying British cable equipment maker HellermannTyton Group for about 1.1 billion pounds ($1.7 billion) as it seeks to capitalise on the growing connected-car market.
REUTERS - Honeywell International Inc said it would buy the utility consumption meter business of Britain's Melrose Industries Plc for 3.3 billion pounds ($5.14 billion) to boost its presence in high-growth regions.
REUTERS - Hikma Pharmaceuticals Plc said it would buy German drugmaker Boehringer Ingelheim's U.S. specialty generic drugs business for about $2.65 billion in cash and stock to bolster its presence in the United States.
MUMBAI - Jeweller Rajesh Exports Ltd has agreed to buy Swiss company Valcambi, the world's largest gold refiner, for $400 million to secure raw material supplies at lower prices and add technological expertise to expand operations at home.
- Finance: Vimpelcom, Hutchison close to striking Italian mobile deal: sources
- Technology: NXP offers concessions in bid for EU approval for Freescale buy
- Healthcare: Pfizer wins EU approval for $15 billion Hospira buy
- Consumer: Syngenta and Monsanto not in deal talks: sources
- Energy: Pine Brook to invest in oil explorer Red Bluff Resources: sources
- Industrials: Pipeline company Caliber Midstream ends sale process: Bloomberg
- M&A: UPDATE 1-ANA to get Airbus backing as creditors vote on Skymark sponsor -sources
- Bankruptcy: Milwaukee archdiocese reaches $21 mln settlement with abuse victims
- IPOs: UPDATE 1-U.S. luxury fashion retailer Neiman Marcus files for IPO
- Private Capital: JPMorgan-linked China joint venture gets approval to invest overseas
- Hedge Funds: New Bank of England policymaker says to cut all hedge fund ties
- Regulatory: GE unveils customized cloud service in industrial data push