Social enterprise incubator Villgro has invested an undisclosed amount in three social enterprises—OneBreath, Ecozen Solutions and Artoo. Apart from equity, the incubator will provide mentoring, access to network and talent for these start-ups.
Emerging markets private equity major Actis has raised over $1 billion for its third energy fund, with the pool being oversubscribed. The firm said in a statement that Actis Energy 3 "was heavily oversubscribed, raising a total of $1.15 billion, exceeding its original target of $750 million by 50 per cent."
Bangalore-based SpaceBound Web Labs Pvt Ltd, the company that owns and operates Eventifier, a platform that archives event photos, videos, slides, tweets, conversations and more from the web, has received $500,000 from Accel Partners, with participation from existing investor Kae Capital. The capital will be used to expand the team and also to ramp up its sales and marketing efforts.
As the need for detailed due diligence grows after a slew of corporate governance issues, Kroll and BMR Advisors have formed a strategic alliance to offer investigative and due diligence services together.
KV Asia Capital, a private equity firm focused on investments in Southeast Asia, has acquired 100 per cent stake in Derma-Rx International Aesthetics Pte Ltd (DIAL) from Kaya Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Marico Kaya Enterprises Ltd (MaKE). DIAL together with its subsidiaries in Singapore and Malaysia, providers aesthetic skin care solutions.
Asian healthcare sector-focused private equity firm Quadria Capital is close to acquiring ICICI Venture's majority stake in Kolkata-based Medica Synergie Pvt Ltd for Rs 160 crore, according to media reports.
Enterprise security firm Aujas Networks raises Series B funding from IDG Ventures, IvyCap & Rajasthan Venture Capital
Aujas Networks Pvt Ltd, which offers risk management, data protection and identity & access management solutions to enterprises, has raised an undisclosed amount in Series B funding from IDG Ventures India, IvyCap Ventures and Rajasthan Venture Capital Fund (RVCF). The capital will be used to strengthen its presence in existing markets that include North America, South Asia and the Middle East. As part of the deal, RVCF's CEO Girish Gupta will join the board of Aujas.
Mumbai-based Nazara Technologies Pvt Ltd, a mobile games developer and publisher, has launched a seed stage fund focused on the gaming space. The fund will make investments in early stage game developers, as well as other companies working in the gaming space, with a bias towards mobile and Indian developers working on both global and India specific themes.
Canada Pension Plan Investment Board picks 80% in JV with Shapoorji Pallonji to buy office buildings in India
Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB) and Shapoorji Pallonji Group have formed a strategic alliance to acquire foreign direct investment (FDI)-compliant, stabilised office buildings in the major metropolitan areas in India. CPPIB will own 80 per cent of the venture with an initial equity commitment of $200 million.
Private equity major KKR is picking up a minority stake in Gland Pharma Ltd, a pure-play generic injectable pharmaceutical products company, for $200 million, in what would be the biggest PE deal as yet in Indian healthcare sector.
- Finance: Hilton Worldwide raises over $2.3 billion in biggest-ever hotel IPO
- Technology: Cisco loses court challenge to Microsoft's takeover of Skype
- Healthcare: Oxford Instruments agrees to buy Andor Technology
- Consumer: Exclusive: Peugeot board approves outline Dongfeng deal - source
- Energy: Exclusive: Morgan Stanley launches sale of U.S. oil terminal business
- Industrials: Exelis to spin off services business by summer 2014
- M&A: UPDATE 3-Activist investor calls for breakup of UK's FirstGroup
- Bankruptcy: UPDATE 1-GM doesn't owe $450 mln in retiree benefits - U.S. judge
- IPOs: UPDATE 1-Hilton Worldwide raises over $2.3 bln in biggest-ever hotel IPO
- Private Capital: Photo-sharing service Snapchat raises $50 million
- Hedge Funds: New hedge funds need $300 million in assets just to break even
- Regulatory: BRIEF-Facebook shares up 4 pct in extended trading, to join S&P 500 index
- Supreme Court turns the clock back with gay sex ban
- India toughens insider trading rules
- Govt says no decision yet taken to cancel AgustaWestland deal
- Karzai heads to India waving wish list of military hardware
- Ex-judge under pressure after sex assault allegation
- De Kock shines again but rain ruins third one-dayer
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Thousands of South Africans queue to see Mandela lie in state
- Spotify rolls out free music service to mobile devices
- Malaria control efforts saved 3.3 million since 2000, WHO says