ZURICH/LONDON Drugmaker Shire is preparing to make a new takeover offer for U.S. biotech firm Baxalta that if successful will create one of the world's leading specialists in rare diseases, a source with direct knowledge of the situation said on Tuesday.
BRUSSELS/NEW YORK U.S. drinks can maker Ball Corp is ready to sell 11 European plants to get EU antitrust regulators to approve its 4.43 billion pound ($6.69 billion) acquisition of Britain's Rexam Plc , people familiar with the matter said.
NEW YORK Pfizer Inc on Monday said it would buy Botox maker Allergan Plc in a deal worth $160 billion to slash its U.S. tax bill, rekindling a fierce political debate over the financial maneuver. | Video
WASHINGTON U.S. politicians condemned Pfizer Inc's deal with Allergan Plc as a tax dodge on Monday, bringing another round of hand-wringing in Washington over the corporate tax code, though legislative action before 2017 is unlikely.
Pfizer Inc's looming deal to buy Botox maker Allergan Plc for more than $150 billion will cap a record-breaking run for mergers and acquisitions in the healthcare sector, taking the cumulative value of deals in 2015 to more than $600 billion (£397 billion).
U.S. Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said on Monday it was "disgusting" that Pfizer Inc will move its tax base overseas as part a deal to buy Allergan Plc .
WASHINGTON U.S. Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton on Monday bashed Pfizer Inc's deal to buy Allergan PLC , saying she would propose steps to prevent tax inversions and calling on regulators to take tougher action.
Allergan Plc's Chief Executive Brent Saunders will be second in command at the world's largest drug maker, after he made the biggest bet of his career by selling his company for a record $160 billion to Pfizer Inc . | Video
DUBAI Kuwait's Petrochemical Industries Company (PIC) is close to signing a deal to acquire 45 percent of the OpaL chemical factory in India, the company's chief executive told state news agency KUNA on Wednesday.
ON Semiconductor Corp is to buy Fairchild Semiconductor International Inc for $2.4 billion to bolster its business of making power-management chips, the latest in a rapidly consolidating industry.
- Finance: Two-decade Pfizer mission pays off for Guggenheim's deal king
- Technology: Telecom Italia has received no offers for Inwit unit so far
- Healthcare: Merck plans to sell its allergy business unit to cut debt: Bloomberg
- Consumer: Any Imperial Tobacco takeover would face major hurdles
- Energy: Canadian Oil Sands in early-stage talks with potential bidders
- Industrials: Call center group Webhelp sold to KKR and company directors
- M&A: KPN: Movil-appointed board member leaving as Movil to sell stake
- Bankruptcy: Polish presidential aide says banks safe despite SK Bank failure
- IPOs: WRAPUP 1-Hydro IPO trims Ontario deficit, Quebec eyes balanced budget
- Private Capital: BBVA corporate finance head Rey leaves bank
- Hedge Funds: Hedge fund exit requests rise in November
- Regulatory: BRIEF-TSMC to sell 6 pct of Motech Industries
- HSBC says to shut down India private banking business
- Drought-hit India's quest for water hampered by thirsty crops
- IEA sees India's oil imports rising despite plans to up domestic output
- RBI to hold rates steady, growth seen rising to 7.3 pct in Sept quarter - Reuters poll
- Sensex gains for second straight week