HONG KONG/BEIJING Chinese state-owned Sinochem and ChemChina are in merger talks to create the world's biggest industrial chemicals firm, to be headed by Sinochem chief Ning Gaoning, four people with knowledge of the negotiations said.
AMSTERDAM PPG Industries remains interested in negotiating a "consensual" deal with Akzo Nobel, even as the Dutch rival paint maker resists its 26.3 billion euro ($29.5 billion) takeover offer, PPG's top executive said on Tuesday.
ZURICH/FRANKFURT U.S.-based Huntsman Corp and Swiss Clariant AG are combining to create a chemical manufacturer with a market value of over than $14 billion, the deal coming together after years of tentative mutual approaches.
NEW YORK T-Mobile US Inc would benefit from greater scale in the industry if it were to combine with rival Sprint Corp , the chief financial officer of the No. 3 wireless carrier said at a conference on Thursday.
MUMBAI Japan's SoftBank Group has invested $1.4 billion in the parent of Paytm, giving the digital payments start-up a boost as it looks to expand its user base and maintain its market lead in Asia's third-largest economy.
HONG KONG Alibaba Health Information Technology Ltd said on Friday controlling shareholder Alibaba Group Holding Ltd would sell HK$3.8 billion ($488.3 million) worth of health food and nutritional products businesses to the company, further developing it into Alibaba's healthcare flagship platform.
FRANKFURT/LONDON, Germany A Tata Steel deal to separate its 15 billion-pound ($19 billion) UK pension scheme still leaves many questions unanswered for a potential merger with Thyssenkrupp's European steel operations, a source close to Thyssenkrupp said.
MILAN/MADRID Italy's Atlantia bid 16.3 billion euros ($18 billion)for Spain's Abertis on Monday in an effort to create the world's biggest toll road operator with a market value of more than 36 billion euros.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc said on Monday it would buy Patheon NV, a Dutch manufacturer of drugs for clinical trials, for $5.2 billion as it seeks to complement its offerings in production and services for the biopharma industry. | Video
FRANKFURT Sprint and its controlling shareholder SoftBank have started preliminary conversations to merge with T-Mobile US, Bloomberg reported on Friday, citing people familiar with the matter.
- Finance: UBS to buy stake in Brazil's Consenso in LatAm expansion push
- Technology: Delivery Hero set to list before summer break: sources
- Healthcare: EQT leads bidding for stake in prosthetics maker Ottobock: sources
- Consumer: Chinese carmaker Geely to acquire Malaysia's Proton: sources
- Energy: Sinochem no longer pursuing stake buy in Noble Group: sources
- Industrials: Westinghouse reaches deal for $800 million U.S. bankruptcy loan
- M&A: BRIEF-Glencore says Glencore Agriculture made informal approach to Bunge for possible business combination
- Bankruptcy: Westinghouse reaches deal for $800 mln U.S. bankruptcy loan
- IPOs: U.S. Federal Home Loan Banks rely less on short-term debt -FHFA's Watt
- Private Capital: BRIEF-Buffalo Wild Wings says issues presentation in response to Marcato Capital Management's press release on May 22
- Hedge Funds: Investors bet on comeback: UK's Alan Howard amasses $3 billion
- Regulatory: US STOCKS-Wall St edges higher as investors assess Trump's budget
- Losses at home outweigh strong JLR sales for Tata Motors
- Apple and Nokia see deeper partnership after ending patent dispute
- India gold imports to plunge in festive months after pre-GST purchases
- India offers tax concessions to Apple to expand production - official
- Jindal Steel to swing to profit by 2018/19