NEW DELHI - Canada's Brookfield Asset Management made its first significant investment in Indian infrastructure, buying six road and three power projects on Friday from India's Gammon Infrastructure Projects Limited.
JOHANNESBURG - South African pharmaceutical firm Adcock Ingram will dispose of its loss-making Indian unit, the company said in a statement on Wednesday.
REUTERS - Investment bank Goldman Sachs will invest $150 million for a minority stake in Piramal Realty, the Mumbai-based real-estate developer said on Monday.
PARIS - Cement maker LafargeHolcim said it would sell two plants in eastern India to Birla Corporation for about 750 million Swiss francs ($768 million), as a condition of its recent merger.
BOSTON - The Rohatyn Group has sold its stake in Sharekhan, India's leading online retail brokerage, to French bank BNP Paribas , according to a source familiar with the deal, marking the latest in a series of sales of investments from a portfolio the private equity firm bought two years ago.
LONDON - Britain's Pearson brought an end to its near 60-year ownership of The Economist on Wednesday, agreeing to sell its 50 percent stake in a deal that makes Italy's Agnelli family the largest shareholder in the weekly title.
ISLAMABAD - Turkmenistan's national gas company has agreed to take a 51 percent stake in a consortium seeking to build a long-planned gas pipeline from Turkmenistan to Afghanistan, Pakistan and India, an official involved in the project said on Wednesday.
REUTERS - General Electric Co said it would sell its U.S. healthcare finance unit to credit card lender Capital One Financial Corp for about $9 billion as it winds down its finance arm and returns to its industrial roots.
- Warren Buffett is paying a hefty price for the biggest bet of his career as his Berkshire Hathaway Inc has agreed to buy Precision Castparts Corp , valuing the maker of aerospace and other parts at $32.3 billion. | Video
MUMBAI - LyondellBasell Industries will buy polypropylene compounds (PPC) maker SJS Plastiblends, the companies said on Monday, as the plastics and chemicals maker sought a greater share in India's growing automotive market.
- Finance: Ageas to sell Hong Kong unit to China's JD Capital for $1.4 billion
- Technology: Nokia agrees on 'Shanghai Bell' joint venture with China Huaxin
- Healthcare: Drugmaker Baxalta in talks to buy Ariad: Bloomberg
- Consumer: Suzuki Motor says it will buy back VW stake as court settles feud
- Energy: Buffett's Berkshire takes $4.48 billion stake in Phillips 66
- Industrials: Syngenta may seek partners, JVs after product review: chairman in paper
- M&A: PRESS DIGEST- Financial Times - Aug 31
- Bankruptcy: Puerto Rico government delays fiscal reform plan
- IPOs: Buffett's Berkshire takes $4.48 billion stake in Phillips 66
- Private Capital: Carlyle's nominee on China Fishery's board steps down
- Hedge Funds: Aberdeen raises $500 million in liquid hedge fund
- Regulatory: Swift leads winners but Cyrus rules at MTV Video Music Awards
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has not said it is done with interest rate cuts and will keep a close eye on incoming data, Governor Raghuram Rajan told CNBC in an interview. Read | RBI more likely to cut rates in Sept - Reuters poll