MUMBAI - Vehicle maker Mahindra and Mahindra Ltd said on Thursday it would buy a 33 percent voting stake in the agricultural machinery-making unit of Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd for $25 million.
MUMBAI - Cadila Healthcare Ltd, among India's top ten drugmakers, is in late-stage talks to buy smaller rival Claris Lifesciences Ltd for about 34 billion rupees ($534 million), the Economic Times newspaper reported on Thursday, citing sources aware of the talks.
MUMBAI - Indian drugmaker Strides Arcolab Ltd has agreed to buy businesses in Australia and Mauritius from South Africa's Aspen Pharmacare Holdings Ltd , paying $300 million to expand its footprint in markets set for brisk growth.
MUMBAI - Alibaba Group Holding is in talks with India's Micromax Informatics to buy an about 20 percent stake in the smartphone maker, helping the Chinese e-commerce giant expand in one of the world's fastest growing markets for the devices, several people with direct knowledge of the matter said.
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals Inc on Wednesday said it agreed to buy Synageva BioPharma Corp for $8.4 billion, more than twice its market value, to expand its offering of potentially high-priced medicines for rare diseases. | Video
MUMBAI - Europe's second biggest insurer AXA has won the Indian government's approval to raise its stake in two local insurance joint ventures with Bharti Enterprises to 49 percent, a government statement showed.
NEW DELHI/MUMBAI - Future Retail Ltd has agreed to acquire most of local conglomerate Bharti Enterprises' shares in its retail business to create one of India's biggest retail chains with more than 570 stores across the country.
PARIS - Qatar has agreed to buy 24 Dassault Aviation-built Rafale fighter jets in a 6.3-billion-euro ($7 billion) deal, the French government said on Thursday, as the Gulf Arab state looks to boost its military firepower in an increasingly unstable region.
PARIS - Cap Gemini SA, a French information technology services company, said it will buy U.S.-based rival IGATE Corp for $4 billion in a deal that would make North America into its biggest market and hand IGATE's founders a $1 billion windfall.
MUMBAI - The holding company behind Crompton Greaves Ltd has agreed to sell the group's consumer electricals unit for 20 billion rupees ($316 million) to Advent International Corp and a unit of Singapore's Temasek Holdings.
- Finance: PartnerRe moves to shareholder vote on Axis merger
- Technology: Microsoft, Salesforce talks fell through on pricing: CNBC
- Healthcare: UK watchdog says Reckitt's K-Y buy could hurt competition
- Consumer: Expedia sells eLong stake to Ctrip, others for $671 million
- Energy: Largest shareholder group to vote against Alfa-Harbour bid for Pacific
- Industrials: EDF makes indicative offer for Areva reactors arm
- M&A: UPDATE 1-ADM scaling back global sugar trading - sources
- Bankruptcy: BRIEF-Creditors accept insolvency settlement proposal of Pescanova 10 units
- IPOs: UPDATE 1-Grupo Mexico plans $1 bln rail unit IPO in late June -presentation
- Private Capital: Arch Coal in talks with restructuring advisers to cut debt -WSJ
- Hedge Funds: Star hedge fund trader Rokos hires Vladimirov from Graticule - source
- Regulatory: UPDATE 2-Pentagon plans long-range missile defense radar in Alaska
Gold demand slows as China eyes equities; lack of weddings in India weighs Full Article