MUMBAI - Japanese telecom and media group SoftBank Corp has set its sights on Indian e-commerce in its aggressive expansion drive, saying it will invest about $10 billion in the booming sector as it took a strategic stake in one of its rising stars.
FRANKFURT - Smartphone users won't recognise the name B2X, but if your battery dies or your screen breaks, the odds are that the company will be working behind the scenes when you seek a repair.
LONDON/FRANKFURT - U.S. Qualcomm Inc agreed to buy CSR Plc for $2.5 billion, offering what it hopes is a knock-out blow to win the British Bluetooth specialist which is growing in areas like automotive and wearable devices.
NEW YORK - India's Reliance Industries Ltd is seeking a buyer for its stake in the Eagle Ford Basin oil and natural gas joint venture with Pioneer Natural Resources Co, a sale that could raise up to $4.5 billion, according to people familiar with the matter.
REUTERS - India's third-largest steelmaker JSW Steel is nearing a deal to buy embattled West African iron ore miner London Mining, a source with direct knowledge of the negotiations said on Friday.
MUMBAI - Infrastructure firm Lanco Infratech Ltd is in talks with investors to sell a stake in its Griffin coal mine in Australia and some road projects, it said on Friday, as part of its strategy to pay down a hefty debt burden
REUTERS - Rupert Murdoch's Twenty-First Century Fox and Apollo Global Management LLC agreed to combine three of their TV production companies behind hit shows such as "Big Brother", "American Idol" and "Masterchef" under one group.
MUMBAI - Temasek Holdings has agreed to invest 5 billion rupees ($82 million) to buy a stake in Devyani International, operator of KFC, Pizza Hut and Costa Coffee chains in India, three sources with direct knowledge of the matter said.
MELBOURNE - GVK and Australian billionaire Gina Rinehart have secured an environmental permit to build their Alpha Coal project in Australia, moving it a step closer to signing off on a long-delayed $10 billion mine, rail and port project.
NAIROBI - Kenya's regulator said on Wednesday it had given preliminary approval to a joint bid by Safaricom and Airtel for the mobile assets of Essar Kenya and the final nod could be given next month.
- Finance: Airbus in talks with China Aircraft Leasing for 100-plane order: Figaro
- Technology: Oi, America Movil, Telefonica to bid for Brazil's TIM, sources say
- Healthcare: Halyard Health poised to shine in debut on back of Ebola scare
- Consumer: Insight: U.S. jockeys with China over GMO crop issues
- Energy: Asset sale not on the cards for Indonesia's indebted Bakrie Group: sources
- Industrials: GMO crops have fans, critics
- M&A: Airbus in talks with China Aircraft Leasing for 100-plane order -Figaro
- Bankruptcy: High-yield E&P energy bonds are risky temptations
- IPOs: Halyard Health poised to shine in debut on back of Ebola scare
- Private Capital: Herbalife to pay $15 mln to settle class action lawsuit
- Hedge Funds: Hedge fund billionaire, unions trade blows in Phoenix pension fight
- Regulatory: UPDATE 2-Army officer takes charge in Burkina Faso, ousting general
China's shadow banking sector growing rapidly, third largest in world - FSB. Full Article