NEW DELHI Jindal Steel and Power is in advanced talks with some resources firms to sell more steel and mining assets, its CEO told Reuters, adding the company hopes to close a $976 million power plant deal well before a mid-2018 deadline.
SYDNEY Australia's antitrust regulator on Thursday cleared beer giant Anheuser Busch Inbev SA's planned $100 billion takeover of rival SABMiller Plc , saying the deal would not adversely affect the domestic market.
BERLIN German sportswear company Adidas aims to sell the bulk of its loss-making golf business to focus on shoes and clothing, it said after the core Adidas brand reported strong quarterly sales, particularly in the United States. | Video
Yahoo Inc has shortlisted close to 10 bidders in the auction for its core Internet assets, including Verizon Communications Inc , with most offers involving cash rather than a combination with another company, according to people familiar with the matter.
LONDON There are solutions to the high pension fund liability at the steel plant at Port Talbot in Wales that would not involve public money, Bimlendra Jha, the chief executive of Tata Steel UK, said on Thursday.
Comcast Corp, the owner of NBCUniversal, said on Thursday it would buy Hollywood studio DreamWorks Animation SKG Inc for $3.8 billion to boost its family-friendly offerings and help it take on media conglomerate Walt Disney. The acquisition will add major children's franchises to Universal's film library such as "Shrek," "How to Train Your Dragon" and "Kung Fu Panda," which it could tap for its growing theme parks and consumer products businesses.
LONDON The British government will probably have to do more to help India's Tata Steel to find a buyer for its steel plants in the country, Bimlendra Jha, the chief executive of Tata Steel UK said on Thursday.
WASHINGTON The U.S. Justice Department on Monday gave antitrust approval to Charter Communications Inc's proposed purchase of Time Warner Cable Inc and Bright House networks, which would create the second-largest U.S. broadband provider and third-largest video provider.
SAO PAULO State Grid Corp [STGRD.UL], China Three Gorges Corp [CYTGP.UL] and Italy's Enel SpA have placed bids for a 16 percent stake in Brazilian renewable energy company Renova Energia SA, which needs fresh capital following a failed asset sale last year, three sources with direct knowledge of the matter said on Friday.
- Finance: ICE shelves plans for London bourse counter bid
- Technology: Elliott ups pressure on CDK, pushing for streamline or sale
- Healthcare: Sanofi sees 'strong strategic' fit with U.S. Medivation
- Consumer: RV retailer Camping World prepares for IPO: NYT
- Energy: Bankers say U.S. antitrust concerns weigh on deal activity
- Industrials: Electric car-charging network ChargePoint gets $50 million in funding
- M&A: BRIEF-Kraft Heinz integration program delivered about $225 mln savings in Q1 - conf call
- Bankruptcy: Municipal upgrades have strongest run since 2001 -S&P
- IPOs: BRIEF-Phillips 66 Partners announces pricing of public offering of 11 mln common units
- Private Capital: BRIEF-Taseko Mines says supreme court adjourned hearing on claims by Raging River Capital
- Hedge Funds: Hedge fund rich list king Alan Howard dethroned
- Regulatory: BRIEF-Clayton Williams Energy sees 2016 average daily oil production 8,900 to 9,300 Bbls