MUMBAI - Cipla Ltd , India's fourth-largest drugmaker by sales, said on Thursday it had agreed to an exclusive deal with Serum Institute of India to supply vaccines to South Africa, adding a new market to their partnership in India and Europe.
MUMBAI - The chairman of one of India's biggest industrial groups, Larsen & Toubro Ltd, sees little sign of a recovery in Asia's third-largest economy, with some of his factories running far below capacity and facing a dearth of new orders.
HONG KONG - HSBC Holdings PLC has shot to second rank among banks advising Asian firms on merger deals, its highest ever, due to ties to one man: Hong Kong tycoon and the region's richest man, Li Ka-shing.
MUMBAI - Hero Cycles on Thursday said it has bought Delhi-based Firefox Bikes for an undisclosed sum to expand its presence in the country's premium cycle market.
LONDON - British outsourcing firm Serco has agreed to sell its Business Process Outsourcing operation to private equity firm Blackstone for 250 million pounds ($384 million), finally offloading an asset it had struggled to sell.
MUMBAI - Indian drugmaker Cipla Ltd is set to buy two U.S. generics businesses in cash deals worth $550 million, it said on Friday, following rivals with a push to enhance its presence in the world's largest generics market.
LONDON - English Premier League club Manchester United said on Wednesday it had signed a partnership deal with IT firm HCL Technologies to improve its website and app as it gears up to launch a new digital media strategy.
NEW DELHI - Canada's Brookfield Asset Management made its first significant investment in Indian infrastructure, buying six road and three power projects on Friday from India's Gammon Infrastructure Projects Limited.
JOHANNESBURG - South African pharmaceutical firm Adcock Ingram will dispose of its loss-making Indian unit, the company said in a statement on Wednesday.
FRANKFURT - German publisher Axel Springer is to buy a further 88 percent of news website Business Insider for $343 million, increasing its stake to 97 percent and accelerating its push into digital, English-language content.
- Finance: Ladbrokes signs $2.1 billion facility to fund Coral deal
- Technology: Telecom Italia board to discuss possible Metroweb deal next week: sources
- Healthcare: Acelity Holdings expects to raise $1 billion in IPO
- Consumer: AB InBev CEO appeals to SAB shareholders for second day
- Energy: Patriot Coal withdraws Alcoa deal as bankruptcy talks continue
- Industrials: Denmark's DSV to buy UTi for $1.35 billion to boost global reach
- M&A: Czech anti-monopoly office approves Raiffeisen acquisition of Citibank's Czech retail
- Bankruptcy: Patriot Coal gets court approval for reorganization plan
- IPOs: Cracks appear in usually solid public sector bond market
- Private Capital: LSE Group's shares fall on Russell Investments sale
- Hedge Funds: BlueCrest equity hedge fund up 10 percent this year, defying stocks rout
- Regulatory: Czech anti-monopoly office approves Raiffeisen acquisition of Citibank's Czech retail
- Facing Fed rate hike, confident India predicts investors will keep calm and carry on
- Pest blights India's GM cotton crop, fuelling debate over risks
- India's car sales rise 9.5 percent year-over-year in Sept - SIAM
- DLF promoters to sell stake in rental business
- Gold rises on dovish Fed minutes, set for weekly gain