MUMBAI - India's second-largest drugmaker by sales, Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd, will buy some established brands of Belgian drugmaker UCB SA in South Asia for 8 billion rupees ($128.38 million), the company said on Wednesday.
MUMBAI - Drugmaker Indoco Remedies Ltd said on Wednesday it would buy Piramal Enterprises Ltd's clinical research business for an undisclosed amount to reduce its research costs.
MUMBAI - Indian oil and gas major Reliance Industries said on Tuesday it had signed an agreement with Myanmar for a production sharing contract for two offshore blocks.
MUMBAI/NEW DELHI - India's biggest airline by market share, IndiGo, is preparing to file a draft prospectus by May for a stock listing to raise $300 million to $400 million, two people with knowledge of the plans said, aiming to cash in on a boom in budget air travel.
MUMBAI - Catholic Syrian Bank Ltd will file a draft listing prospectus by the end of April, paving the way for an initial public offering to raise nearly $80 million, two sources involved in the process told Reuters.
MUMBAI - A group of investors led by Japanese mobile telecom firm SoftBank Corp is in talks to buy a 20 percent stake in handset maker Micromax Informatics for up to $1 billion, two people aware of the discussions said.
MUMBAI - Insurance Australia Group Ltd will raise its stake to the maximum allowed 49 percent in a general insurance joint venture with State Bank of India, the lender said on Thursday, following rule changes earlier this month.
REUTERS - Ketchup maker H.J. Heinz Co, backed by Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Inc and Brazilian private equity firm 3G Capital, will combine with Kraft Foods Group Inc in a $46 billion deal to create the third-largest North American food company, executives said on Wednesday. | Video
MILAN/LONDON - Mahindra & Mahindra is in talks to buy a majority stake in luxury car designer Pininfarina in what would be the latest Asian bid for an iconic Italian brand, three sources with knowledge of the matter said on Wednesday.
MUMBAI - Two Indian firms could get a boost from tech majors in what might turn out to be the first direct investment in the country by Google Inc and Alibaba.
- Finance: Etsy IPO expected to be priced at $14-$16/share
- Technology: America Movil plans to list Mexico tower spin-off business
- Healthcare: Drugmaker Valeant completes $11 billion purchase of Salix
- Consumer: CBRE to buy Johnson Controls' workplace solutions for $1.48 billion
- Energy: Consol Energy's thermal coal unit files for IPO
- Industrials: Holcim's no.2 investor still asking for better terms in Lafarge merger-source
- M&A: UPDATE 3-America Movil plans to list Mexico tower spin-off business
- Bankruptcy: Target to close Canadian stores by April 12
- IPOs: UPDATE 3-America Movil plans to list Mexico tower spin-off business
- Private Capital: World Bank may be blind to harm of financial investments -Oxfam
- Hedge Funds: Exclusive: Ex-Lansdowne partner Kirk to start own hedge fund in mid-2015
- Regulatory: Thai online stock trading surges, trumps Hong Kong in popularity
RBI to leave repo rate on hold next week but cut 25 bps by end-June - Reuters poll Full Article