MUMBAI - Fairfax India Holdings, a fund set up by Canadian investor Prem Watsa to target Indian assets, is set to take a majority stake in logistics firm National Collateral Management Services (NCMSL), two sources familiar with the matter said.
NEW YORK - U.S. health insurer Anthem Inc said on Saturday it had offered $47 billion in cash and stock for smaller rival Cigna Corp, signaling a pick-up in the industry's long-awaited consolidation.
MUMBAI/LONDON - Vedanta Ltd's $2.3 billion offer to buy out minority shareholders in Cairn India moves the Indian mining and energy group closer to its goal of being a major diversified natural resources player, its chief executive said on Monday.
MUMBAI - Indian mining and energy group Vedanta Ltd made a $2.3 billion offer on Sunday to buy out minority shareholders in cash-rich oil unit Cairn India, a deal that helps parent Vedanta Resources Plc repay hefty debts.
PARIS - French IT services company Capgemini said on Tuesday it was launching a 500 million euro ($563.60 million) capital increase to help fund its planned acquisition of U.S. rival IGATE Corp.
REUTERS - Mobile games developer China Mobile Games and Entertainment Group Ltd said it agreed to merge with Pegasus Investment Holdings Ltd in a deal valued at about $690 million.
HONG KONG/MUMBAI - Swedish truck maker Volvo AB is selling its remaining 3.7 percent stake in Indian auto firm Eicher Motors, in a deal that could be valued at around $278 million, according to a term sheet seen by IFR.
- Intel Corp agreed to buy Altera Corp for $16.7 billion as the world's biggest chipmaker seeks to make up for slowing demand from the PC industry by expanding its line-up of higher-margin chips used in data centers.
REUTERS - Enterprise Products Partners LP said it would buy pipeline and processing assets in the Eagle Ford shale in Texas from Pioneer Natural Resources Co and Reliance Industries Ltd for $2.15 billion.
- Intel Corp agreed to buy Altera Corp for $16.7 billion as the world's biggest chipmaker seeks to make up for slowing demand from the PC industry by expanding its line-up of higher-margin chips used in data centres. | Video
- Finance: Australia's Challenger sells 25 percent stake in Kapstream to U.S. fund
- Technology: Amadeus to buy Navitaire from Accenture for $830 million
- Healthcare: U.S. sues to stop Electrolux acquiring GE's appliance business
- Consumer: Affinity, Carlyle among four shortlisted for Tesco South Korea unit sale: report
- Energy: Brazil's Petrobras sells $25 million stake in oil, gas field
- Industrials: Proxy advisor urges Samsung C&T holders to reject $8 billion merger
- M&A: U.S. PE firms, San Miguel interested in Philippines' United Coconut -source
- Bankruptcy: CORRECTED-UPDATE 1-Bankrupt Baha Mar in Bahamas secures interim financing
- IPOs: Puerto Rico's public employees will keep getting paid -House Speaker
- Private Capital: Platinum Power to build $845 mln hydropower project in Cameroon
- Hedge Funds: Grexit fears risk derailing best start by hedge funds in 6 years
- Regulatory: Xiaomi's H1 handset sales put full-year target in doubt
- Indian businesses turn sceptical on Modi's landmark tax reform
- After wifi at the Taj, Modi revives campaign for "digital" India
- Reliance Industries says to invest $39 billion in "Digital India" programme
- Greece's Tsipras digs in against bailout |
- India working on package to help ailing state-run banks
India to provide roadmap for ending corporate tax exemptions in 45 days - official Full Article