MUMBAI - Indian lender Yes Bank is the main suitor in a race for Deutsche Asset Management (India) Pvt. Ltd's mutual fund business in India, two sources who are directly involved in the process said, although talks are still at an early stage.
JERUSALEM - U.S. tech giant Amazon is in talks to buy Israeli chipmaker Annapurna Labs for up to $370 million, financial newspaper Calcalist reported on Thursday.
NEW DELHI/MUMBAI - Wind turbine maker Suzlon Energy Ltd said it had agreed to sell its German unit Senvion SE to buyout firm Centerbridge Partners for 1 billion euros ($1.16 billion), in an all-cash deal that will help the group reduce its debts.
MUMBAI - Singapore's sovereign wealth fund GIC is investing 10.2 billion rupees ($165.5 million) in Bandhan Financial Services, which is setting up one of India's two newest banks, Bandhan's chairman said on Tuesday.
REUTERS - Google Inc is in talks to buy mobile-payments company Softcard, technology news website TechCrunch reported on Friday, citing people familiar with the matter.
MUMBAI - The Reserve Bank of India has allowed conglomerate Tata Sons Ltd to buy Japanese telecom firm NTT DoCoMo Inc's stake in their struggling Indian venture, paving the way for the completion of the long-delayed $1.1 billion deal.
REUTERS - Restaurant search services provider Zomato acquired U.S.-based rival Urbanspoon for about $50 million in one of the biggest overseas deals by an Indian startup and a company executive said it was in talks to raise about $100 million in fresh funding.
NEW DELHI - Global mining company Rio Tinto plans to invest $500 million in a diamond project in Madhya Pradesh state, its Chief Executive Officer Sam Walsh said on Monday.
NEW DELHI - Property search website Commonfloor.com has received funding from Google Capital, an equity fund backed by Google Inc, the online portal said in a statement on Thursday.
- Finance: Ivanhoé Cambridge sells stake in two Ontario malls for C$240 million
- Technology: Spotify expresses interest to raise $500 million: WSJ
- Healthcare: EU clears plans by drugmakers GSK and Novartis to trade assets
- Consumer: Sunac China to buy 49.3 percent stake in troubled developer Kaisa: Caixin
- Energy: E.ON seeks one billion euro Terni plant deal in first half: sources
- Industrials: Qatar Airways takes $1.7 billion stake in British Airways: owner IAG
- M&A: UPDATE 1-Brazil's Bradesco says ready to weather corporate defaults
- Bankruptcy: UPDATE 1-Japan fund says can finance Skymark rescue on its own for now
- IPOs: BRIEF-Shake Shack shares open at $47 in debut
- Private Capital: Buyers bide their time in $110 bln oil asset sell-off
- Hedge Funds: Hedge fund profits drop 30 percent in 2014, bonus pool shrinks