MUMBAI - Kotak Mahindra Bank has agreed to buy ING Vysya in an all-share deal valuing its smaller rival at $2.4 billion, bulking up as analysts predict the start of long-awaited consolidation in a crowded banking sector.
WINNIPEG Manitoba - Canpotex Ltd, the offshore sales agency for North America's three biggest potash producers, has agreed on multi-year sales agreements with two Indian fertilizer companies, the government of the Canadian province of Saskatchewan said on Thursday.
- Berkshire Hathaway Inc has agreed to acquire Procter & Gamble Co's Duracell battery unit in a complex transaction that lets Berkshire Chairman Warren Buffett buy a business he has supported for two decades and shave his company's tax bill.
MUMBAI - Johnson & Johnson Inc said on Friday it had bought the energy drink brand ORSL from Jagdale Industries Ltd for an undisclosed amount, in a bid to expand its consumer healthcare business in the country.
SAN FRANCISCO - Yahoo Inc will pay about $640 million for automated advertising service BrightRoll, beefing up its ability to sell video ads in real-time to marketers.
MUMBAI - Reliance Industries Inc on Wednesday said it had agreed to consider the divestment of its Eagle Ford Shale midstream joint venture with partner Pioneer Natural Resources Co.
MUMBAI - Baring Private Equity (Asia) is in advanced talks with Blackstone Group LP to buy a controlling stake in Indian cash management services firm CMS Info Systems, three sources with direct knowledge of the matter told Reuters.
REUTERS - Toymaker Hasbro Inc is in talks to buy Hollywood studio DreamWorks Animation SKG Inc, the New York Times reported, citing people briefed on the matter.
WASHINGTON - Raytheon Co announced on Wednesday that it has acquired privately held Blackbird Technologies, which provides cybersecurity, surveillance and secure communications to spy agencies and special operations units, for $420 million.
PARIS - Publicis, the world's third-largest advertising agency, is to buy U.S.-based digital ad specialist Sapient for $3.7 billion in cash as it seeks to accelerate growth after a botched merger earlier this year.
- Finance: Blackstone to buy GE's property assets in Japan for $1.6 billion
- Technology: Telecom Italia likely to sell Brazil towers to American Tower
- Healthcare: Valeant Pharma says may buy back up to $2 billion worth of securities
- Consumer: Owner of luxury retailer Net-a-Porter eyes 2015 IPO: Bloomberg
- Energy: BW LPG says no plans for U.S. listing; results miss hits shares
- Industrials: Rolls-Royce wins $5 billion order from Delta
- M&A: UPDATE 1-Russia's Lukoil to invest in Nigerian project with Chevron
- Bankruptcy: REFILE-Bankers grapple with TLAC ramifications
- IPOs: Alibaba prints jumbo deal without China premium
- Private Capital: BRIEF-Toscafund makes 36 mln stg offer for Avanta Serviced Office Group
- Hedge Funds: BlueBay's $1.4 billion hedge fund closure exposes 'key man' risk
- Regulatory: UPDATE 1-Mongolia gets new prime minister as economy slumps