WASHINGTON - A possible merger between Sprint Corp and T-Mobile US Inc could prompt U.S. regulators to rewrite rules they are now weighing for a 2015 auction of airwaves, according to sources familiar with the proposed regulations.
SINGAPORE , April 4 - Standard Chartered PLC's global head of mergers and acquisitions Andrew Suckling will take a one-year sabbatical less than two years after assuming the role, a person with knowledge of the matter said.
SHANGHAI/HONG KONG - China's decision to partially relax mergers and acquisition rules in the insurance industry could see global insurance firms expand their footprint in the $288 billion market.
MUMBAI - Piramal Enterprises Ltd said it agreed to buy a 20 percent stake in unlisted Shriram Capital Ltd for 20.14 billion rupees ($334 million), increasing its foothold in the financial services sector.
- Finance: China releases list of companies planning to list after IPO drought
- Technology: Kuwait's Zain says sued for $4.5 billion over Iraq telco buy
- Healthcare: Merck extends AZ offer again over Chinese antitrust issues
- Consumer: TPG-led group to make $450 million investment in Airbnb: source
- Energy: China IPO promised land turns to desert as regulator review stokes confusion
- Industrials: Investors vexed by WH Group's army of IPO underwriters
- M&A: UPDATE 2-GM to battle VW in China with $12 bln investment and new plants
- Bankruptcy: INSIGHT-At Mt. Gox bitcoin hub, 'geek' CEO sought both control and escape
- IPOs: PRESS DIGEST- China - April 21
- Private Capital: INDIA PRESS-Tilaknagar Industries says not keen on outright sale to ABD-Mint
- Hedge Funds: Apocalypse Now? China 'bears' hope for their "told you so" moment
- Regulatory: Apple, Google vie to offer exclusive game apps - WSJ
- Bangalore-bound Malaysia Airlines plane turns back after tyre burst on takeoff
- Captain of ill-fated Korean ferry praised safety in promotional video
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Geneva accord
- At Mt. Gox bitcoin hub, 'geek' CEO sought both control and escape
- Abdullah widens lead in Afghan presidential vote - latest count
- Hollywood plays to the faithful, finds hits with God
- Turkey Twitter accounts appear blocked after Erdogan court action
- Liverpool go five clear, Arsenal and Everton win
- Australia sees "regroup" on Malaysian plane search in a few days