- Alexion Pharmaceuticals Inc on Wednesday said it agreed to buy Synageva BioPharma Corp for $8.4 billion, more than twice its market value, to expand its offering of potentially high-priced medicines for rare diseases. | Video
MUMBAI - Europe's second biggest insurer AXA has won the Indian government's approval to raise its stake in two local insurance joint ventures with Bharti Enterprises to 49 percent, a government statement showed.
NEW DELHI/MUMBAI - Future Retail Ltd has agreed to acquire most of local conglomerate Bharti Enterprises' shares in its retail business to create one of India's biggest retail chains with more than 570 stores across the country.
PARIS - Qatar has agreed to buy 24 Dassault Aviation-built Rafale fighter jets in a 6.3-billion-euro ($7 billion) deal, the French government said on Thursday, as the Gulf Arab state looks to boost its military firepower in an increasingly unstable region.
PARIS - Cap Gemini SA, a French information technology services company, said it will buy U.S.-based rival IGATE Corp for $4 billion in a deal that would make North America into its biggest market and hand IGATE's founders a $1 billion windfall.
MUMBAI - The holding company behind Crompton Greaves Ltd has agreed to sell the group's consumer electricals unit for 20 billion rupees ($316 million) to Advent International Corp and a unit of Singapore's Temasek Holdings.
FRANKFURT - Deutsche Bank's earnings fell by half in the first quarter, a greater-than-expected drop as hefty legal charges eroded gains in investment banking revenue, while it prepares to unveil details of a strategic overhaul.
TEL AVIV/NEW YORK - Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd on Tuesday made an unsolicited $40 billion offer for smaller rival Mylan NV , a bold bid for growth as its lucrative Copaxone drug faces generic competition. | Video
REUTERS - General Electric Co is in early-stage talks with Wells Fargo & Co about selling its entire $74 billion U.S. commercial lending and leasing (CLL) portfolio to the bank, according to a source familiar with the situation.
REUTERS - U.S. arms maker Raytheon Co is buying network security provider Websense Inc from private equity firm Vista Equity Partners LLC in a $1.9 billion deal, the latest in the fast-growing cybersecurity market.
- Finance: Western Union says it is not in talks to buy rival MoneyGram
- Technology: Cablevision shares jump after CEO says interested in 'deal'
- Healthcare: Alexion to bolster rare disease offering with $8.4 billion deal
- Consumer: Apple's Beats Music deals under U.S. scrutiny: Bloomberg
- Energy: Alfa, Harbour Energy to buy Pacific Rubiales for C$6 billion: source
- Industrials: Exclusive: Boeing poised to clinch $3 billion-plus Kuwait F/A-18 order
- M&A: Rich Synageva M&A premium epitomizes appetite for orphan drugs
- Bankruptcy: Puerto Rico appeals for options to restructure $9 billion in muni debt
- IPOs: UPDATE 5-U.S. Treasury eyes larger cash buffer against 'emerging threats'
- Private Capital: Brookfield says scouting for oil assets in Alberta
- Hedge Funds: Global bond rout deepens, oil hits year's high
- Regulatory: Prudential Financial quarterly profit rises 64 pct
- India closer to biggest tax reform in decades
- India amends rules to speed up approvals for foreign investment proposals
- India and Iran sign port deal despite U.S. warning about haste
- India relaxes rules for foreign investment in real estate
- Honda's India unit to invest $280 mln to boost two-wheeler production
Greenpeace faces shutdown after India freezes funds in charity crackdown Full Article