U.S. toymakers Mattel Inc and Hasbro Inc have held talks about a possible merger, Bloomberg reported on Thursday, citing people familiar with the matter.
Cisco Systems Inc said on Wednesday it was buying Jasper Technologies Inc, a startup that connects devices like cars and medical devices to the Internet, for $1.4 billion in cash and equity awards, its largest acquisition since 2013.
ZURICH LafargeHolcim Ltd is reviewing its divestment plan in India after talks with Birla Corporation Limited (BCL)for the sale of the Jojobera and Sonadih cement plants in Eastern India fell through, it said on Thursday.
SEOUL Tech giant Samsung Electronics Co Ltd will consider all possible options to grow its home appliances business including mergers or acquisitions, a senior company executive said on Monday.
TOKYO Japan's Toshiba Corp plans to sell part of its chip business as it aims to recover from a $1.3 billion accounting scandal, three people familiar with the matter told Reuters on Saturday.
TOKYO Taiwan's Hon Hai Precision Industry Co has offered 625 billion yen ($5.3 billion) to buy Sharp Corp and has no plans to replace top management, a gesture aimed at reassuring Japanese authorities worried about an overseas takeover, the Wall Street Journal reported.
SEOUL Tech giant Samsung Electronics Co Ltd held talks with General Electric Co about buying the U.S. company's appliances businesses but negotiations broke down on antitrust issues, South Korea's Yonhap News agency reported on Saturday.
Haier Group said it would buy General Electric Co's appliance business for $5.4 billion, the Chinese company's latest attempt to boost its presence in the lucrative United States market. | Video
NEW YORK/LONDON Drug maker Shire Plc has made a new acquisition offer for peer Baxalta International Inc that is roughly in line with the latter's valuation expectations, making a deal in the coming weeks likely, people familiar with the matter said.
MUMBAI Reliance Communications and Aircel have begun talks to combine their wireless telecom operations to create India's second largest mobile operator as intensifying competition fuels consolidation in a crowded market.
- Finance: Rothesay Life in talks to buy Aegon's UK annuity book: source
- Technology: Hong Kong's VTech agrees to buy LeapFrog for $72 mln
- Healthcare: Monsanto and BASF may reap more from partnership after Syngenta sale
- Consumer: Yogurt maker Chobani rejects PepsiCo's offer for stake in company
- Energy: BG profits slip on weak prices before takeover by Shell
- Industrials: Chinese investor group to buy Chicago Stock Exchange
- M&A: India's Zomato breaks even at home, in key markets abroad
- Bankruptcy: UPDATE 1-Financial watchdog closes German unit of Canada's Maple Financial
- IPOs: UPDATE 1-Bidding war for Australia's Asciano heats up as Qube trumps Brookfield
- Private Capital: UPDATE 3-Bridgewater's Dalio calls report about feud with Jensen overblown
- Hedge Funds: History suggests investors face extended bear market blues
- Regulatory: Nikkei falls to 2-week low following Wall St drops