* India's Finance Minister Arun Jaitley says effective supervision required to ensure company's functioning doesn't come to a standstill during insolvency process
* The chairman of the Securities and Exchange Board of India says successful implementation of bankruptcy code will grow investor interest in low rated corporate bonds (Reporting by Suvashree Choudhury)
Aug 18 An unidentified utility could pay $9.3 billion to buy Texas power transmission company Oncor Electric Delivery Co, topping Berkshire Hathaway Inc's $9 billion bid, a lawyer for the largest creditor of Oncor's parent told a U.S. bankruptcy judge on Friday.
SAO PAULO, Aug 18 The Brazilian unit of struggling Spanish energy and infrastructure group Abengoa SA obtained approval from creditors on Friday for its in-court debt restructuring plan, said a lawyer representing one of the creditors.
Aug 18 A lawyer for Elliott Management told a U.S. bankruptcy judge on Friday that an unidentified utility could pay $9.3 billion to buy Texas power transmission company Oncor, topping a $9 billion bid by Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Inc.
Aug 18 Air berlin files for protection from creditors in the united states -- court filing AIR BERLIN SAYS FILING IS INTENDED TO HELP IT SHIELD ASSETS LOCATED WITHIN THE UNITED STATES FROM THE REACH OF CREDITORS AIR BERLIN FILES FOR PROTECTION FROM CREDITORS WITH THE U.S. BANKRUPTCY COURT IN MANHATTAN AIR BERLIN SEEKS RELIEF UNDER CHAPTER 15 OF THE U.S. BANKRUPTCY CODE
* Labour bosses say Niki's August wages will be 'litmus test'
FRANKFURT, Aug 18 INTRO-Verwaltungs GmbH, the group controlled by airline investor Hans Rudolf Woehrl, has formally indicated its interest in taking over Air Berlin , it said in a statement on Friday.
BERLIN, Aug 18 The German government is not involved in talks on the sale of insolvent German airline Air Berlin's assets, an Economy Ministry spokesman said on Friday, adding there was no deadline for any deal to be sealed.
BERLIN, Aug 18 The German government is not involved in talks on the sale of insolvent German airline Air Berlin's assets, an Economy Ministry spokesman said on Friday, adding there was also no deadline for the companies to seal a deal.
- M&A: BRIEF-Berkshire Hathaway Energy says five Texas stakeholder groups reach agreement with Co in Oncor acquisition
- IPOs: IEX plans to nab listings from rivals with cheaper, simpler fees
- Private Capital: Zaher to cut ties with Brazil's Estácio by next month
- Hedge Funds: Investors bet on comeback: UK's Alan Howard amasses $3 billion
- Regulatory News: UPDATE 3-Investor Carl Icahn steps down as adviser to U.S. President Trump
Free Deals Newsletter
Magnam Ut Occaecat Cillum Aliqua Anim Illo. Elit Vel Consequuntur Beatae Nihil Dolorem. Et Error Beatae Amet Qui Amet Labore.