SAO PAULO, April 17 - Twenty-eight units of Brazilian engineering firm Grupo Schahin filed for bankruptcy protection and fired 2,500 workers on Friday as a corruption scandal at key client Petróleo Brasileiro SA hampered efforts to refinance up to 6.5 billion reais ($2.1 billion) in debt.
NEW YORK, April 17 - PricewaterhouseCoopers agreed to pay $65 million in cash to settle a lawsuit claiming it fraudulently deceived MF Global Holdings Ltd investors about its auditing of the now-defunct brokerage, which was run by former New Jersey Governor Jon Corzine.
NEW YORK, April 17 - PricewaterhouseCoopers has agreed to pay $65 million to resolve a lawsuit claiming it deceived investors when it was auditing MF Global Holdings Ltd, the now-defunct brokerage once run by former New Jersey Governor Jon Corzine.
SAO PAULO, April 17 - Twenty-eight units of Brazilian engineering firm Grupo Schahin filed for bankruptcy protection on Friday as fallout from a corruption scandal at key client Petróleo Brasileiro SA hampered efforts to refinance up to 6.5 billion reais ($2.1 billion) in debt.
* Files application for the opening of self-administered insolvency proceedings
HONG KONG, April 17 (IFR) - China Construction Bank has mandated itself, Citigroup, HSBC and Standard Chartered as joint global co-ordinators for an offering of US dollar Tier 2 bonds.
April 16 - The Internal Revenue Service is seeking to recoup $3.22 billion from Texas businessman Samuel Wyly and the estate of his late brother Charles Wyly, after the brothers allegedly hid income by setting up sham overseas trusts.
BRASILIA, April 16 - A reorganization plan to help oil rig supplier Sete Brasil Participações SA remain in business should be ready by the end of June, after shareholders and creditors agreed to extend financing as credit dried up, the president of Brazil's state development bank BNDES said on Thursday.
NEW YORK, April 16 - Puerto Rico's troubled utility, PREPA, made another withdrawal from its reserve account to make a quarterly bond payment on April 1, according to a regulatory filing posted by the utility.
* Says insolvency process of its unit Renta Corporacion Real Estate 2 SLU is now completed, by decision of the Commercial Court in Barcelona, and the company will cease to exist
- M&A: UPDATE 2-Raytheon to acquire Websense for $1.9 billion -sources
- IPOs: Mexico has no immediate plans for 2015 samurai issue
- Private Capital: UPDATE 2-Raytheon to acquire Websense for $1.9 billion -sources
- Hedge Funds: Seeking an edge, short-sellers turn to behavioural analysis
- Regulatory News: Grilled: Lexus seeks design edge over premium rivals
Free Deals Newsletter
Labore Fugiat Voluptas Natus. Exercitationem Porro Sint Aliquam Magnam Voluptas. Fugiat Corporis Eius Explicabo.