LONDON, July 25 Retail tycoon Philip Green's greed and disregard for corporate governance led to the demise of BHS and the loss of 11,000 jobs, a joint parliamentary committee said, calling the collapse of the British stores group "the unacceptable face of capitalism."
July 23 Bankrupt U.S. teen retailer Aeropostale filed a motion against its lender, private equity firm Sycamore Partners, in bankruptcy court late on Friday, accusing it of plotting a "loan to own" scheme to push the chain into bankruptcy.
SAO PAULO, July 22 A Brazilian judge overseeing the bankruptcy protection process of phone carrier Oi SA on Friday named auditing and advisory firm PricewaterhouseCoopers as the company's in-court administrator.
WILMINGTON, Del., July 22 Unsecured creditors of the bankrupt retailer Sports Authority are seeking to convert the case to a quick liquidation, saying in a Friday court filing the company should not waste its dwindling funds preparing a plan to end its Chapter 11.
SAO PAULO, July 22 Shareholders of Oi SA reiterated on Friday their support for efforts by the management of Brazil's largest fixed-line phone carrier to pursue an in-court reorganization, which would be the country's biggest ever.
* Provided an update on its restructuring plans as well as an update on its Q2 earnings timing
* Golden Band seeks court approval of proposal to creditors & cancellation of existing shares
* Submits motion to Lublin court for bankruptcy with possibility of arrangement
* Says it applies for the initiation of the company's turnaround process with Seoul Central District Court, to normalize its business, on July 22
July 21 U.S. teen retailer Aeropostale Inc plans to challenge in court private equity firm Sycamore Partners' claims as a creditor in its bankruptcy, according to a transcript from a court hearing held this week that was seen by Reuters.
- M&A: PRESS DIGEST- Financial Times - July 25
- IPOs: UPDATE 1-SEC speeds up listing process for some ETFs
- Private Capital: Corporate raiders seek Brexit bargains in Britain
- Hedge Funds: Pimco turns to Man Group's Roman to lead revival
- Regulatory News: Golf-Facing Rio no-shows, golf looks to emerging market growth
Free Deals Newsletter
Laborum Aliquam Ex Labore Ea. Sed Nihil Consequat Sit Corporis. Veritatis Numquam Veniam Nesciunt Quam Error.