* Mortgage company on track to exit bankruptcy by year's end
Dec 11 - A federal judge said General Motors Co is not required to pay $450 million to cover medical benefits for retirees, in a defeat for the United Auto Workers union.
Dec 11 - Advantage Rent A Car said it picked Canadian private equity Catalyst Capital Group Inc to buy its assets in bankruptcy proceedings and reached a deal with Hertz Global Holdings Inc that allows Advantage to continue using a leased vehicle fleet.
NEW YORK, Dec 11 - A court on Wednesday approved Residential Capital's plan to end its 19-month bankruptcy and begin paying back creditors, putting the mortgage lender on a path to exit Chapter 11 by year's end.
Dec 11 - Residential Capital LLC * U.S. bankruptcy court judge says prepared to approve residential capital's
LONDON, Dec 11 (IFR) - Societe Generale has attracted orders in excess of US$8bn for a contingent capital (CoCo) bond, in a key test of US investor demand for the riskiest form of French hybrid debt after the country's banks were shunned at the height of the eurozone crisis in 2011.
LONDON, Dec 11 (IFR) - Societe Generale has attracted orders in excess of USD8bn for its perpetual non-call 10-year Additional Tier 1 bond, a banker involved in the deal said on Wednesday.
HONG KONG, Dec 11 - China's Suntech Power Holdings Co Ltd said its restructuring manager would investigate the planned sale of its main unit to Shunfeng Photovoltaic International Ltd for legal infractions - a move sources say could delay the $495 million deal.
WILMINGTON, Dec 10 - Fisker Automotive Holdings Inc might not be making its plug-in Karma sports cars anymore, but it still knows speed. The company's lawyers convinced a bankruptcy judge on Tuesday that its Chapter 11 should proceed at an unusually rapid pace.
TORONTO, Dec 9 - The court-appointed monitor for struggling Canadian wireless startup Mobilicity has extended the deadline for suitors to bid for the company by a week to Dec. 16, a regulatory filing shows.
- M&A: UPDATE 2-Spain's Popular to raise capital, buy stake in Mexico's BX+
- IPOs: UPDATE 1-Societe Generale's AT1 jumps in grey market
- Private Capital: CORRECTED-Sustainable strategies win over sceptical emerging stock investors
- Hedge Funds: New hedge funds need $300 million in assets just to break even
- Regulatory News: UPDATE 2-Encana to raise gas liquids output by 30 pct
- Supreme Court turns the clock back with gay sex ban
- India toughens insider trading rules
- Govt says no decision yet taken to cancel AgustaWestland deal
- Karzai heads to India waving wish list of military hardware
- Ex-judge under pressure after sex assault allegation
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Thousands of South Africans queue to see Mandela lie in state
- Bangladesh's top court adjourns Islamist's death penalty hearing
- Spotify rolls out free music service to mobile devices
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, second-biggest ever